Fpv flyer checking in

Welcome to Grey Arrows mate :smiley:

Saw your video in the other post - amazing stuff :open_mouth: :+1:t2:

Thanks for the welcome. It’s not been announced if it’s banned yet. The vote was today. But I have some hope as the fpv community submitted over 1000 emails to the Coventry Council people asking them to consider those of us who fly within the rules.

2 Likes

Welcome to GADC, James / @anon34183503.

Good to have another high-speed fpv flyer as a member. :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll get an idea if there are other members in your neck of the wood.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

I tried to add myself to the map but my area doesn’t actually seem to exist. So center of cov. But I’m right near Hawkesbury village

Currently building a realacc real1 frame with holybro flight stack.
I also have…

Sabotagerc dingo long range rig. It makes flight times nearly into double digits (looking to break 10mins with it this summer)

Droneworx hornet 1 all out racer (been clocked by the cops at 92mph top speed)

Also building an inav based zohd orbit for some wing fun.

1 Like

If you wanted to get it closer … I think I found it …

1 Like

You might be interested in our Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard! leaderboard :slight_smile:

I’ll hold my hand up here, I don’t know much about FPV drones, are you able to see/record/capture the current speed James?

If so, please post something in that thread, you’ll probably claim the # 1 spot instantly :rofl:

1 Like

We’d better start quoting Mach speeds. :wink:

I had spotted that and had a little giggle. Fpv quads really do knock the socks off the dji stuff for speed and agility. Sadly without gps fitted there’s no way to assertain top speed without something like a radar gun…

The fastest quad known to man (so far) tops out around the 150mph mark. But they are looking to break 200mph.

If anyone wants to have a ride along or dip there goes into the other side of the hobby I’m more than happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couldn’t you attach a small GPS tracker?

with my current flight controller I don’t have enough spare uarts to connect one. That being said the quad I’m building for this summers fun does have enough so I may just do that.

Down side is weight makes a huge difference on a race quad. So the extra grams will effect top speed.

My racer is 306grams all up with battery at the moment

2 Likes

There are some real small ones the size of a key fob.

1 Like

The matek one is 7g and £25 (less after I apply my discount) I’m just looking to see if I can get the god speed logged out anywhere. Possibly in black box data maybe on the osd… it’s something I haven’t really considered before. But with betaflight now having “gps rescue” for sticky situations it’s tempting…

2 Likes

We’ll accept a radar gun as proof of speed :smile:

Do you have one we can borrow?

Funnily enough, no, I don’t :smiley:

eBay?!

This is what you need!
Me too …, for my old Phantom 2!
http://www.blog.exrockets.com/blog/mini-pic-gps-data-logger-with-sd-card/

That’s gonna be wayyyyy to big and heavy

I will stick a matek one on the one I’m building now and see what we can see

I can’t see that being any different.

Chances are the battery is a good 50% of the total.

Although you want to be light as possible for speed. The gopro hero 5-6-7 have gps.
I use a session 5 but it has no gps. Might hook my 7 up and see what the speed is. I’m curious now. Lol

1 Like

My old 3 is very GPS-less. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wanted very light for my Cheerson…

Overall - I also wanted very cheap. :wink:

1 Like