FPV Trick Competition - Juicy Flick

I did own a BetaFPV Beta 95X V3 for a while. If wife gets me socks for Christmas again, I may have to treat myself.

1 Like

Come to the dark side :grin:

3 Likes

That was opposite to the way in the original diagram.

You flipped up, rather than down.

Still looks great though! Better than I can do.

Just in case I donā€™t get another pop at it

5 Likes

Tidy :+1:t2: Iā€™m hoping to get out this week for a try :crossed_fingers:t2:

yea i did realise that once i got back so whats it called that i did :thinking:

Absolutely no ideaā€¦

1 Like

Fantastic weather they saidā€¦ 10 miles visibility said UAV Forecastā€¦
Well at least I got the fog in 4K!

My Juicy Flick. After this short flight I decided it was not safe to fly any more. I had trouble seeing where we wereā€¦

5 Likes

wow braver than me to fly in that.

It didnā€™t seem that bad at ground level. But just a few metres upā€¦ yikes.

My son and I did think about taking an FPV out, but I settled for a straight up and down with the Mini 2 instead :slight_smile:

Too sexy indeed. :laughing:

There was about an hour of sunshine last Friday here before it went to fog apocalypse and has been like that for 4 days now.

Apologies for the 4 min video rather than 10 second clip. Juicy attempts at:

• 00:20
  • 02:05 (with mental propwash)
  • 03:00

Very very rusty at the moment - holidays, covid, work and other related crap have meant Iā€™ve got the odd wing flight in but almost no FPV quad flying for several months. This little lunchtime flight has piqued my interest again though :+1: Hope to get another chance to try before the end of the year to see if I can smoothen it out a little.

edit: I donā€™t like the fact that this trick ends with you going backwards and then invariably slowing to a stop before carrying on. Obviously these things arenā€™t up to me, but I think the judging should consider the entry and exit to the move too. Eg a 180 degree flat yaw spin as you exit to turn that rearward momentum into forwards movement might look cool? Time to get back on the sim and try out a few ideasā€¦

5 Likes

Managed to get out to Roche Abbey today near Rotheram and got this clean juicy flick with many others but this is my best one. full video will be uploaded later just wanted to get my entry on a small clip.

3 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right. Anything you can add to the core trick is a bonus and inspires other pilots. And as itā€™s judged by you guys, anything goes :+1:

I finally managed to get out today for a couple of packs and captured a juicy flick.

Quite enjoy learning new tricks

3 Likes

That location looks familiar

1 Like

I was happy you listed this great location as it was 2 mins from the mother in-laws :pray:

So, a large field with goal posts really not at all unfriendly to quads within an hour of my house.
Just avoid Sunday mornings?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s a great place. I had to rub my eyes as wasnā€™t sure if I recognised the place or if was the ā€œChristmasā€ vodka!

Often get a few guys flying rc planes there too.