FPV Trick Competition

Don’t forget to get your Split-S entries in guys! I’m gonna try to get out this weekend to get a Split-S too but will more than likely end up being a Split-P :grin:

First attempt in case rain stops any further tries. 5" quad.

4 Likes

Just had a go and think I need more time on DRL.

1 Like

Keep practising mate :wink:

You make it look sooooo easy…lol

Just practise the same thing over and over. It’ll click, Nick

Try doing it without a tree or something you can hit. Then move on to a goalpost or tree or similar.

1 Like

Howard is dead right. Get some height and get used to the stick manouvers.

Firstly, whoever will be bothered to vote for the winner will surely take into account the skill level of the competitor.

Secondly, and more importantly, you will be on your way to mastering an fpv trick. It’s like riding a bike. You will never forget how to do it.

2 Likes

I had another go earlier and broke it down into segments, so I’m gaining/getting my head round being upside down.

Problem is cinewhoops don’t like being upside down as they drop like bricks…lol .

But ill keep at it …

Cough the Nazgul isn’t a cinewhoop Cough

Yeah they do. Make sure you come off the throttle though. It helps so you don’t plough it to planet earth :laughing:

1 Like

@BigDog get used to doing full 360 rolls. Drop your throttle to zero when performing the manouvre.

Try watching this. It breaks it down in to segments.

I followed this, tried on a simulator, then on a 4 inch. Then on a 5. Next is to try over the viaduct

LOL… Cough your not wrong, I can fly the Whoop in Acro no probs but the Nazgul for some reason I :poop: myself every time I fly it in Acro…lol

2 Likes

Just keep practicing :+1:t2:

1 Like

Well Iv kind of got it as I’m practising on DRL, but how true to life is it on there??. Iv found you can hang up side down a little which give time to set up the dive, but is this true to life ???.

That all depends on how high you go. In real life you plummet quicker

As you can see from the video above, I’ve been practicing in a few sims and DRL was definitely the easiest. I still don’t have enough real flight time to judge which is the most life-like, and of course you can tweak them all, but I think I struggled with LiftOff the most.

If you’ve got the inclination and the disk space you could try some of the other free ones out - ORQA FPV.SkyDive is free on Steam. FPV Freerider has a free demo on its website and is less than a fiver on Steam (although having bought the full version I discovered I could have managed quite happily with just the demo - I mainly got it as something that my crappy laptop could handle while travelling).

This is what I’ve felt with all the sims, but I did try testing the physics in one (I forget which) - took note of the height, killed the power and timed how long it took to hit the ground. The maths checked out, but it still feels like you get more hang-time in the sims. :man_shrugging:

I’ve only used 3 sims so far and have found Liftoff to be the best in terms of realism and smoothness.

Sim’s are more floaty and forgiven but then if they weren’t less people would buy them and get in to real fpv flying i guess :man_shrugging: