Free editing software

Hi all, im new to drones and also new to editing videos. Wanted to ask if anyone could recommend some decent free newbie friendly software? I have used Capcut for my first handful of videos and i like its ease of use, i just wonder if theres better free software or trial then i can purchase software come payday but i just didnt want splurge on something i might not get into and struggle to navigate.

Someone i follow on Youtube suggested Movavi and i will check that out but was curious what others use.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @ryan1mcq

You don’t mention which OS you use?

Quite a few to choose from here: https://greyarro.ws/search?q=Free%20%23video-and-photo-editing

1 Like

Apologies, that would have helped eh :rofl: I use Windows :+1:

DaVinci Resolve if your PC is beefy enough, otherwise I find VN video editor is great free one and works on mobile devices too, although noticed recently they may have put a limit on 99 projects before you have to pay! Not sure if a simple uninstall and reinstall, resets it however.

1 Like

Thank you :+1:

I found shotcut better for me as it has a smaller learning curve and is less resource intensive. (Also fewer features)
All boils down to what you want to do and how much time you can put into it.

1 Like

Thank you :+1:

Also, whatever you do, make sure that files you are using are all local and not Onedrive local versions otherwise whatever you use will run at a snails pace.

1 Like

I’ve recently moved back to Windows from Mac,iMovie on Mac is very easy and very good. I’m currently using OpenShot, has a similar feel to iMovie and is free. For me i want something easy to use without much skill.

Not tried myself, only seen someone (trustworthy) reviewing it, and he was complimentary about it.

It mildly interested me because it’s both Windows and Android (and iOS).

Capcut or Davinci Resolve get my vote - both free with Davinci having some amazing functions if you have a reasonably powerful PC. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah thats what i am using currently, its pretty decent to be fair :+1:

1 Like