Full Betaflight OSD Now Working DJI V2 Goggle Root Hack

Not had a chance to watch this yet but looking forward to it. They really have done some awesome work on this Wayne :grinning:

This is just the start Steve, the irony is that DJI will make the most from it :man_shrugging:
even though they couldn’t be bothered to implement it them selfs

1 Like

or they’ll bring out a compulsory firmware update to patch it :rofl:

It does look very promising, and the configurator theyve built looks fantastic. Makes life alot easier for your average Joe to root and mod the goggles. Its a shame about the OSD not recording in goggles but they said there should be an easy work around where it can be added in post which is nice

I wouldnt put it past them to try lol although any existing Caddx Vistas will be old stock and Caddx wont be getting any new stock from DJI so as long as you stick to Vistas it should be ok. The Runcam Link on the other hand could possibly be patched to stop the root from working

1 Like

So I’m converted and will probably add this to my list of “winter” projects :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just watched this - DJI FPV OSD is dead, long live WTFOS MSP Canvas mode - YouTube

Great to see it in action. Think I’m gonna take the plunge

Has anyone else done it yet?

1 Like

Did mine the other day. I’ve got to say it is nice having a screen full of information (that you don’t need) is nice.
Took a few times to root goggles had to keep closing the https://fpv.wtf/ page and try again 5th time was a charm.
vista’s no problems at all.

3 Likes

Sounds like a bit of a faff.

Was there many bugs or issues you’ve found or is it worth waiting for a more stable release

still testing only managed to put a few packs through it

1 Like