Fun and Friendly Edit Challenge 17th March - Closed

My image won’t load it keeps saying this, I’m not trying to convert :thinking:

Edit, I had to convert to a jpeg then it loaded, haven’t had to do this before, so not sure if it’s an error on my behalf or what it says above.

Entry

2 Likes

Hi Rich. I uploaded a jpg file and the one you converted was a png? Should still of opened in Lr or Ps either way? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi col
That’s whoosh’s one as you know but the Dng - converted to png which would not load, then what it showed about discourse, which I know nothing about discourse,

That’s right & it opened no problem when editing, it wasn’t a problem with what you said, it just would not load as a png, never had this problem before posting a png, so I thought I’d highlight it, as I’ve heard the word discourse on here before, I hope that makes sense.

Edit & yes yr one is jpeg

Just incase anyone thinks I maybe added object or objects to the sky, I haven’t, I just had a mess around with the linear gradients in photo shop, so no objects have been added, just manipulated the sky ( if that’s allowed ) if not no worries at all….

1 Like

ENTRY Collin’s

HI, here’s my edit for the second of the two.

2 Likes

Nice edit @Kirky , But I’m not quite sure that is within the rules :thinking:
I am busy downloading the rather massive file (on my rather pants broadband) so I can have a look and play with the original.

1 Like

That’s fine @Challenges_Committee i did emphasise that if it falls out the rules it’s fine, as I did mention I didn’t place object or objects, just played with the gradients in photoshop, but it’s no worries at all, :+1:t2:

Edit, I won’t be disheartened if it’s not allowed ….

It is just the same IMHO as using a graduated ND filteror a polariser in camera to darken the sky while keeping the landscape the same tone.

You will need to disqualify most of my past edits as I consider it a standard technique :slight_smile:

The file was, I recall, over 300MB. It was 10000 px by 8000 or so. MY RAW editor couldn’t cope with the original size and kept crashing. Reducing it to 3000px on the long size made it more manageable and, given the resolution of most devices on which the image will be viewed, the original size of may of the submitted images seems to be overkill …

1 Like

If Kirky’s not added anything but just changed the sky shade with a thin linear mask then I for one see owt wrong with it. Wished I’d thought of it TBH. No different than putting a radial mask on a cloud to make it stand out IMHO. :grin:

I did try to downsize the original file as it would not upload to the forum, so I converted to jpeg to get it to load.

We are all talking about this one, right?
Maybe I’m at the end of a hard week and my brain is frazzled, but I can’t see those sun rays in the original? I’ll stand corrected if they are and it’s just me not looking hard enough.

I hear you there Rob!!! Something to ponder for the next round :thinking:

There not in the original no they’re not, I just played with the sky to make it look different using gradients to put some light rays in it, as said if it’s not allowed it’s fine by me, :+1:t2:

Hey rather than a debate & hold things up or make things harder just pull it out, no dramas on my side :smiley:

It is just the same IMHO as using a graduated ND filter or a polariser in camera to darken the sky while keeping the landscape the same tone.
Well, except it isn’t. The filter would be used during capture, not editing

You will need to disqualify most of my past edits as I consider it a standard technique :slight_smile:
Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll be paying closer attention to your future edits :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So just for reference as this is completely different to the original this should not have been allowed I guess.

That was not in the original, as said I’m not bothered anyway. Just not sure how far we can actually go, most edits is changing the picture, I thought placing objects from a panel or app is a no go but what we do with are editing tools is what we actually use.

Sorry Richard, but it can’t be entered into the poll, still a fine edit though :clap:

And yes, I am waiting for you lot to include a daisy, blade of grass or some other element I will miss just so you can rip me a new one :clap:

It’s fine, I wasn’t trying to start a debate, just saying how I achieved it, which I genuinely thought was allowed, cool with the decision & may the best man win :clap::smiley: