Fun and Friendly Edit Challenge 17th March - Closed

It doesn’t really appear that way?

The sun rays are not in the original, which means they are added. Regardless of how they are added, they are still added.
You guys voted in a poll not so long ago and the masses chose NO ADDITIONS.
So what do you really want? Additions or not? I don’t care either way as I’m just here to run this for you guys, and I’m quite happy to continue doing so regardless. But we either have rules and stick to them, or we don’t and everything descends into chaos?

Sorry but I’m not, I’m just stating that I think there is a difference in adding objects as in an object or removal of things, but when your playing around with colours different shades to make what it is, is that classed as adding an object ?

Correct, :+1:t2:

Meaning

Richard, Please try to take this challenge in the spirit it is intended.
The rules are pretty simple and I know you are not!
You may edit the photo in any way you like, colour, contrast, tone, curves, levels, exposure. Hell, you can even copy and paste a bit of cloud FROM THE ORIGINAL as it was there in the first place. Go as far as you like, as you quite often do, just don’t add stuff THAT WASN’T ORIGINALLY THERE.

Meaning I know you are not stupid Richard, and I guess you are taking umbridge to the fact that your edit is not allowed. If you’re ok with it, can we take this to PM/DM as it’s just clogging the thread up. Outcome will be made clear in case anyone thinks anything is being hidden or swept under the carpet.

1 Like

Yes pls remove this thread no problems, as I said from the start please remove it, I have no quarrels but was just making clear, I did not think that is classed as object,
I can also assure I was not starting a debate, that I can assure, so sorry if that’s how it seemed, I’m genuinely fine with yours decisions & even if the members feel that way it’s fine, we’re all good :+1:t2:

No need to remove anything Richard, it is a fine edit and discussion is good until it detracts from the subject. I will try to clarify the rules for the next round, but last time I tried that it went pear shaped and we lost some valued entrants.

1 Like

Just added a quick mask and boosted the exposure… :wink:

Blinder of an idea Kirky, but just wonder where it would end. No prizes for guessing what I first thought about drawing in the sky… :joy:

(Not an actual entry…)

:joy:

Not really thought of it that way tbh, yes it could lead to more & more, my bad I’ll always hold my hands up if & when, I think it was a good & fair decision to not allow it, as I did say from the start.
Is that your ENTRY :rofl:

Haha, no. Was only messing. And have now edited to make it clear. Otherwise ChallComm will need to be off laying down in a dark room for a while…

1 Like

POLL No1
You may vote for up to 3 edits
Please don’t vote for your own or it will be withdrawn
The winner of this, and the 2nd poll will be entered into the final to choose our winner.

D0c.Col
  • Drumsagard
    Drumsagard

• Kings
    Kings

• Kirky
    Kirky

• Leylo1971
    Leylo1971

• macspite
    macspite

• MartG1960
    MartG1960

• Stomper
    Stomper

0 voters

POLL No2
You may vote for up to 3 edits
Please don’t vote for your own or it will be withdrawn
The winner of this, and the 1st poll will be entered into the final to choose our winner.

thewhoosh

0 voters

Sorry Guys, just noticed that I hadn’t put the correct closing time into the poll. Just giving notice that it will close at 6pm, then I’ll do the new poll with the winners from each edit. That poll will remain open for 24 hours only to give time for the overall winner to submit a new pic for us.

There can be only one!!!
You have ONE vote, use it wisely! Poll closes in 24 hours so be quick

Round Two

0 voters

And there you have it folks. @macspite aka Rob, wins with a massive landslide. Well done Sir :clap:
You shall shortly be invited to give us a link to your wetransfer thingymabob, I’m kinda guessing it aint going to be a 500meg download? :rofl:

2 Likes

Well done Rob @macspite great edit, and well done to all who entered some nice edits. :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Wow! That was unexpected!

Thanks to everyone for your support, I now have to scrabble to find a DNG for you to play with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done Rob @macspite and thanks for everyone who had a go at my image :smiley:

One of the reasons I shoot panoramas is it gives me a higher pixel count than having the drone further away to get the same view. The pano also gives me a lot more of the scene than I need to make the composition that will look good.

Some scenes will look better in black and white and it all depends on lighting, time of day, contrast or colours in the images and the type of mood you want to convey in the images.

This image was problematic due to the uneven blue sky due to the time of day, flare and polarity which was sorted with a gradient.

Distracting footprints which added nothing without a person to go with them were removed.

The main fix was the crop and foreground perspective to give a 16x9 image.

I though monochrome worked for this image then finally by dodge & burn and selective sharpening.

Well done mate @macspite👍and to everybody who entered.

Thanks to anyone who voted for mine and also Keith @thewhoosh for supplying the image👏

1 Like