Fun And Friendly Edit Challenge - 5th to 14th April - CLOSED

We invite @Kirky to submit a picture of their choice, captured by drone in dng and/or jpg. You are welcome to post AEB and a series of 180/wide panos. Please no 360’s

Maximum file size is 100Mb for direct upload, the site can also accept zip and rar files if you want/need to compress.
If you can only submit a dng then we will happily create a jpg from your original for display purposes

The Rules

Entry is open for all forum members/associates.
All entries must be in jpeg or webp format.
Your entry must be a still picture.
Objects may be removed but nothing added. This means adding anything into the picture that was not there in the first place, swapping skies etc.
You may post edits with added objects, but they will not be considered for the poll
Create and post as many edits you like, but please tell us which one is your entry by clearly marking it “My Entry” on the top line of your post, EVEN IF YOU MAKE ONLY ONE ENTRY. Failure to do so may result in your edit not being included in the poll.
Entries can be submitted until 7pm on Sunday 14th April.
After entries are closed, a poll shall be opened for all forum members to vote on up to three of their favourite edits. The winner will then get the honour of supplying a picture of their choice, captured by drone, for the next round.
@group-challenges

4 Likes

Ok thank you will get something posted within the hour - ish.

1 Like

Here you go my first attempt at 180 pano at night of reading, already had a shot at this myself & could not seem to get the colours right so I opted for a black & white which I’m quite pleased with, would be nice to see if someone could bring out the night colours / illuminations good luck :smiley:
21 x DNG
1 x JPG
Had to use wetransfer as it won’t upload as the file is to big,

2 Likes

Bloody 'ell Richard, 879mb :rofl:. Cheers , ill have a go :+1:

2 Likes

MY ENTRY

Wow Rich, biggest file I’ve ever uploaded for sure!! Took and age to stich! Great pic though.

3 Likes

Well done col
Yes the file is big & I would not of posted if I had known the agg, I just thought I’d try something different & also as it said 180’s welcome above, it would not even let me post the jpg straight to the forum as the file was big & it wouldn’t have none of it :grimacing:
Which is to be expected, it took 16 mins to download to we transfer but I’m guessing that’ll be my internet speed not helping.

1 Like

No worries Rich, enjoyed the challenge and it waa my 1st Pano stitch so learmt something to boot. :+1:

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Cheers Kirky, I done me best with it. Tried bringing out some details in them shadows in the foreground to no avail :rofl:. Good piccy though

…tried uploading the pic, it gets to 100pc then I get this mess…

/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:138:in `exec’: An error happened when converting from PNG to JPG.

the file is a jpeg, so I dont’t know what that means, anyhow it won’t upload.

Any help @Challenges_Committee please

1 Like

Is what I kept getting @Leylo1971 ady even when trying to upload the jpeg, however I noticed the file was quite big of the jpeg ( can’t remember size exactly ) don’t think it was over 100 mb,
When I done the original edit myself I resized it with the width being 6000 or 9000 & then it uploaded, I thought 180’s would be ok but seems to be a problem & I’m no master in down sizing,
I’ll check.
File size of what I posted to the forum ( original edit that I posted in the daily photo thread ) below

If anyone has or is struggling with the files above try this if you wish,

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Hi Ady, I got the same with PS exporting as a 22mb JPEG at full resolution. To fix this, I opened the JPEG up in MS Paint, reduced the resolution by 50% and saved as 33mb PNG. The upload then worked.

4 Likes

Cheers Richard / Chris, @Kirky/@clinkadink.

I tried it first when I’d got it out of Topaz denoise, the file size was 90mb. That never worked so I slung it back into LR and exported it, I think give us a size of 48 mb which didn’t work also.

Me next step when I get home is MS paint, that usually crunches things down. Cheers Chris👍.

Cheers Kirky for the other option you upped👍

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

5 Likes

The other option I found that works is ….

Export as ….
Adjust width 10500 press enter it adjusts the height automatically when you put the width in ( this is in photoshop ) then ….
Save as jpeg & it came out only at 3 MB with still a good amount of pixels / detail, hope this may help if needed.

3 Likes

Always good to have another option mate👍

1 Like

Brilliant that Chris :+1:

1 Like

I just cropped and resized in PS and exported as JPG only 5.5mb.

1 Like

I just used the JPEG, far easier and less hassle

5 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

At last av been able to suss out a way. I just used Affinity photo, easy as, and lowered the quality a tad.

Tried the MS paint trick but to no avail @clinkadink Chris, had it nailed on that’d work, but never, cheers anyway mate :+1:

@Sparkyws .No hassle using the pano at all Wayne mate, way better to use the hi quality image instead of the jpg, just the uploading to the site was the issue.

Cheers Kirky for a good challenge :+1:

6 Likes

My Entry.

3 Likes