Fun and Friendly Edit Comp 21st May - 28th May

This really confused my brain Paul :rofl:

Thanks Steve, I’m having a lot of fun playing around with Affinity Photo at the minute. For many years I used its forerunner, Serif Photoplus, and then, due to being too busy with work, I got lazy and started to use my photos straight out of the camera. Now I’ve got all the time I need so I’ve taken to re-editing a lot of my old stuff. The above photo was created by messing about with the perspective tools, which resulted in a bit of a curve on the horizon, fixed with a quick lens correction, then a bit of cropping and cloning-into just get rid of the few messy bits. I think it’s not bad, though it could be made better with a bit more work. :smiley:

1 Like

Great image John, as ever. I thought I would try to make it look as natural as possible.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Great jobs, keep them coming guys :+1:t2:

This week’s comp is officially closed! Well done guys! I’ll get the new vote up asap :+1:t2:

1 Like

The Vote for this weeks edit comp is now live! Some great edits again well done everyone! Its an open vote with 1 vote per person. You are not allowed to vote for your own edit. If you vote for your own edit, your edit will be disqualified and the edit with the next highest votes will take its place. Anyone can vote whether you entered the comp or not. The vote will close 8pm Friday 4th June. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Fun and Friendly Edit Comp 21st May - 28th May

0 voters

I’m a bit confused. How can the top two have 3 votes each, but the percentages are different?

(Congrats to @Drumsagard and @SirGunner by the way :+1:)

1 Like

Good point. Looks like a rounding glitch

1 Like

Yes it’s a limitation of the poll system. It can only deal with whole numbers so it rounds up the one that’s alphabetically first. That’s why we now count the actual votes rather than take the percentage that the poll provides :+1:t2:

1 Like

Result is in for this week’s vote!

Joint 1st place with 3 votes each we have John @Drumsagard Steve @SirGunner :1st_place_medal:
:1st_place_medal: :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
2nd place with 2 votes we have Paul @TheFatController :2nd_place_medal: :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Joint 3rd place with 1 vote each we have John @Jhdee John @Hotrodspike and @rustybarnet :3rd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal: :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Well done guys :+1:t2:

1 Like

See, I fight hard for my joint 3rd place :joy:

Thanks all. Great edits again this week :+1:

Well done @SirGunner @TheFatController @Jhdee @Hotrodspike @rustybarnet great edits guys :+1:
Again, thanks for organsiing Steve @SirGunner :clap: :clap:

1 Like

No worries John :+1:t2: and thanks for the awesome image to edit :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Drumsagard do you want to post the next image? I don’t mind either way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done guys. The clue’s in the title ‘Fun and Friendly’, I enjoy doing the edits and looking at other people’s efforts. I’m not competitive so 2nd will do me nicely thanks. :smiley:

1 Like

Hit the nail on the head :blush:

2 Likes

Absolutely. Sorry if I gave the impression of not being either fun or friendly - I was just genuinely confused by what was going on with the percentages… :joy:

Haha not at all rusty, all good :grin:

1 Like

I’m happy to let you post it Steve, if you like? :+1:

1 Like