Fun and Friendly Edit Comp Sunday 20th March - Sunday 27th March

This is the new thread for this week’s edit comp. Well done to @SirGunner @McSteamy2010 @DeanoG60 @Mavic2Pro for their winning edits :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2:

Steve @SirGunner will upload a new WeTransfer link shortly.

To enter just download the image from the wetransfer links and edit away with any software you like. When you’re happy with your edit post the final jpeg back here. The winner each week will supply the image for the next comp. If you win but can’t supply an image let us know and then 2nd place can supply the next image. It is preferred to supply a RAW image for editing if possible but if not a jpeg will do.

Rules:
*You may remove items from an image but cannot add any new elements to the image e.g. changing the sky (you can still post edits with added elements for fun but they will not be entered into the vote)
*You can post as many edits as you like but only one will be entered into the vote, you need to make clear which edit you want entered for the vote, if its not made clear your latest edit will be entered in the vote.
*Your entry must be posted by 8pm Sunday evening every week.
*You can’t vote for your own edit. If you vote for your own edit your edit will be disqualified and the edit with the next most votes will take your place on the podium.

Any questions please feel free to ask, and most importantly have fun!

1 Like

Still limited as to what I canm access at the moment so here is one from one of my first ever drone trips. Its Benenden Church in Kent.

Also a jpeg incase anyone needs it

2 Likes

My edit

1 Like

Benenden Church, 1863 :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for providing this nice image to play with @SirGunner …here is my edit attempt

1 Like

I like that pastel water colour effect @clinkadink very interesting …I seem to remember seeing a pencil sketch effect but not sure what software it was created with

1 Like

Yes, Adobe Essentials has something similar, but to make it more authentic, the only way I know how to do achieve it is manually. Below is my workflow for this, the blending mode for each layer I have added in brackets :+1:

Workflow

1 Like

Ok i though i would have a go at this as editing is my weakness and i need to improve so here goes.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This weeks edit comp is officially closed! I will get the vote up asap but I have other ‘Father chores’ to take care of as its Mothers Day :bouquet:

Fun and Friendly Edit Comp 20th March - 27th March

0 voters

1 Like

Result is in for this week’s vote!

Joint 1st Place with 4 votes each we have Jason @Acedrone and Steve @SirGunner
:1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal: :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Joint 2nd Place with 2 votes each we have Deano @DeanoG60 and Chris @clinkadink
:2nd_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Well done everyone!

Now given that the Fun and Friendly Edit Comp is on a Spring Break @Acedrone can take a few weeks to select his photo for the restart of the edit comp along with @kvetner for his winning edit last week.
In the mean time you may want to take a look at this link for something to keep you all busy :smiley:

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Well done @Acedrone Jason and @SirGunner Steve, a worthy 1st place! :clap::clap::clap: and to @DeanoG60 Dean for a close 2nd :clap::+1:

2 Likes

I have a picture, when would you like me to post it or do i need to send it to yourself?

1 Like

I believe when next post gets created by the committee they will tag you to upload a RAW to wetransfer or similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for the question Jason, as Ade has said when the Fundamental Colour Challenge has concluded I will post a new thread to restart the Edit comp. I will tag yourself and kvetner in the new thread for you both to post your selected images :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Challenges_Committee ……really missing the fun and friendly edit competition :frowning:

well said :clap:t2:

@Challenges_Committee ….is there any chance the fun and friendly edit competition could be restarted now that the dark nights are here ? I’ve personally had very little chance to fly lately with the poor weather and work . I know a lot of people enjoyed this competition, perhaps it could be modified to make the management easier for the committee ….regards Alan

Perhaps the competition element could be removed no judging involved similar to the “HDR the **** out of this thread”

1 Like