GADC 2023 Flash Challenge

@group-challenges
For today only, your last chance to get out and fly in 2023.
The object is just to get the drone out, indoors/outdoors, anywhere you can to get your last pics/videos of the year. Submit as many or as few as you like but please take them before midnight tonight and submit before Sunday 7th. You could use the chance to highlight your drone flying year, say goodbye to 2023 with a fond farewell, or indeed slamming the door firmly in its face. Tiny planets, 360 pano, hyperlapse etc all formats welcome. No prizes apart from likes and admiration from your fellow GADC Members.

1 Like

The weather today is suppsoed to be improving and am hoping to get my drone out - but if so I won’t be home before midnight so no chance of posting :slight_smile:

But have fun everyone.

Rules changing already :blush:

2 Likes

I thought I was going mad, the words changed as I was reading them. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is the only shot I’ll be taking today I think!

Indoor shoot?

Yeah, I don’t think i’ll be trying that GPSlessly in this shoe box I live in :joy:

Well alright, I got out this morning for a quick flight, even though it was a tad on the windy side. So now have 2 flights logged!
Decided to redownload Davinci resolve and throw together a quick vid of how it went, and then I saw this thread!

3 Likes

Only pic I got was this from hunting for @DeanoG60 s wing.

2 Likes

A gritty grey Glasgow today just called out black & white to me.

Glasgow Tower - Mavic 3 Classic - 1/80sec @ f2.8, 100iso - 31/12/2023 14:40.

6 Likes

At my folks’ for New Year and there’s a storm rolling in… so this will be my last shot of 2023.

4 Likes

Well that looks nice and remote, unless it’s the last house in the village… :smiley:

So I lied about this…the weather has steadily got worse but I’m still going to take it with me in case I get an oening. But Airdata currently tells me wind is gusting at around 55mph. So that’d be a buh-bye M3P!

1 Like

My last drone shot of 2023. Taken with the DJI Mini 4 pro in portrait mode just to annoy @PingSpike and because I can :rofl:

Really impressed with how well this drone flew in doors :ok_hand:t2: solid as a rock even without GPS.

Happy new year everyone hopefully 2024 brings better weather so we can get out and fly more!

8 Likes

It flys even better when using landscape mode for photos :grimacing:

Great idea, got out to take this of the illuminated train on the Watercress line at Alton in Hampshire. Happy new year everyone.

10 Likes

Driver must have got a bit of a shock when someone suddenly put a great big roundabout in the middle of a straight road" Should have gone to spec savers"

Taken Peaks Parkway New Waltham 1351 31st December 2023 DJI Mini4 pro