GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

@Challenges_Committee
Question to the commitee, are these two links acceptable? or is the link not specific enough?

This will be interesting. Who’d’ve thought a telephone box was a building? :grin:

1 Like

Hi Steve thanks for the question. Before we answer can we ask to which subject is this related too? We are assuming Abandoned Buildings but just want to be sure.

Yep that’s the one…

@Challenges_Committee

sorry another question, if the subject of ‘Abandoned Buildings’ features prominently on the location wikipedia page but the page is not specifically about THAT building does the wiki link still count.

BTW different place to early question

:crossed_fingers:

Hi Steve it is difficult to give an answer in such general terms. Can we ask you to direct message us with your specific target and we can then give you a clearer answer :slightly_smiling_face:

In answer to your first question. The subject is acceptable along with the British Listed Buildings link but I’m afraid the Wiki link is not specific to that listed building and relates to K6 telephone boxes in general so would not be accepted.

sent :crossed_fingers:

Yep, they bought the last tall chimney down yesterday, didn’t go but saw it on telly :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Claiming 2 points please. Inc 1 bonus for dronescene.

3 Likes

Kettering Royal Mail Depot this morning.

Subject entry 3. Royal Mail Depot

I claim bonus points for:

• Bonus point if 10 or more red Royal Mail vehicles are there
  • Bonus point if 5 or more Postman/Women are outside

Total of 3 points please.

3 Likes
  1. Motorsport Track
  • Bonus point if there are vehicles on the track :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if you capture an open wheeled car, F1 style on the track (including Go-Karts) :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:

4 points claimed

3 Likes

Clarification please.

re H Van - as per the previous entry - if the van has been used for catering in the past, but is now not is that okay (as long as not sign written)?

That’s fine. It would be difficult to determine whether or not a van had been previously used in a catering capacity purely from an aerial photo. But vans in use for catering - food, coffee or similar - or that are signwritten will not get a bonus point!

1 Like

An actual drone photo would be good! :thinking:

1. Citroen H Van
  • Bonus point if it’s not sign written or used for catering :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if it’s not white :white_check_mark:

I claim 3 points

3 Likes

Hi Steve we have sent you a message regarding your Abandoned Building post. As others have pointed out you appear to have forgotten to add the photo to accompany the links. Could you repost with the photo added and then we can add your points to the board :slightly_smiling_face:

Hasn’t the original post gone? I certainly can’t see it. I see his question above, but not an entry.

The photo was there earlier as it was the remains of a building. :confused:

Item 11. AONB.

Taken this morning near to Painswick in the Cotswolds AONB. Added to dronescene but YT video deleted and replaced due to an issue with the first video upload. Not sure how to edit dronescene entry to point to replacement YT url :thinking: any advice welcome.
Claiming bonus point for adding to dronescene
Total 2 points claimed.

5 Likes

I would report the dronescene post here and one of the moderators can edit it for you. Just supply the new URL in the report.