GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

I look forward to seeing your entry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kind of ruing my enthusiasm for my first entry being the coolest traffic island I know, but cool doesn’t have a tree! (and it’s never quiet) so will kick myself if I miss out on top 3 by 2 points, but had so much fun doing this I don’t care.

To spice it up, I have ALL the items on the list (yes including the elusive Mobile Crane) but some don’t have max points, so still on the hunt!!!

2 Likes

Could i please claim 4 points.

Inc 1 bonus for Dronescene entry.

My main interest in Blackpool Airport Airport is its history but mainly links to the 2 great wars.

In 1909 Frenchman Henri Farman sets the first official British flight record of 47 miles.

During WW1 the land is used for the King’s Lancashire Military Convalescent hhome.

And then later during WW2 the Vickers Company build 3,842 Wellington Bombers at the site.

Email of consent from Blackpool ATC, I can confirm I called before and after my flight and the controllers where extremely accommodating!

6 Likes

A lock full of Boats!

Subject entry 10. Canal or River Lock

I claim bonus points for:

Total 4 point please

6 Likes

Amazing :+1: Full points

1 Like

I didn’t think that was safe?! lol

1 Like

Remains of Horsford Castle near Norwich, taken this morning at 09.15.

I claim 1 bonus point for adding the location to DroneScene

Here is the screenshot of permission to fly from Norwich Airport ATC.

And here is the photo of the castle itself…

I find it interesting because despite living a stone’s throw away from it for several years, I had no idea it existed! Aerial photos are the best way to see it and imagine how it was in its heyday, though it has largely been wrecked by ploughing over the years.

You can find more details on Wikipedia.

5 Likes

Oop, the mind games are starting. We must be over halfway through… :wink:

1 Like

Quick question, can the postman/woman be driving outside?

1 Like

Please say that was luck and not staged, haha.

2 Likes

Item 4: Commuter Train
Intercity 125, Bristol to London, approaching Swindon
Taken yesterday on Mini 2, at 12:36pm

I would like to claim 4 points in total please:

• Bonus point if Moving :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if it has 4 or more carriages :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if the train is an Intercity :white_check_mark:
4 Likes

No Kayaks/canoes or canoeist was harmed in any way in the taking of this picture :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for checking, we see the term ‘outside’ as just that. Not in a building or Vehicle. :+1:

1 Like

Definitely not staged But planed luck :smiley:

2 Likes

This is what I love about the BC,
This is a fantastic example of preparation and execution. Nice one @acedrone :raised_hands:t4::heart_eyes: love this shot!

2 Likes

That is worthy of the Gold Trophy :slight_smile:

Spent an hour at a lock yesterday evening. Arrived just after a narrow boat had finished using it. Not a single other vessel came by.
Still, we were sat outside the pub, so not all was lost. :grin: :beers:

4 Likes

I should hope not haha.

I was under the impression that locks were dangerous for kayaks/canoes was all that said my knowledge is limited.

Great shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its generally advised to portage if you come to a lock.

2 Likes

I was purely a bystander observing

2 Likes