GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

No doubt just thinking aloud haha.

They had a lock key so I’m guessing they had permission too

1 Like

Right, so after weeks of altitude training and watching reruns of SAS: Who Dares Wins I’ve finally made it to the highest point in Norfolk.

Fellow treasure hunters, stare in wonder at the dizzy heights of Beacon Hill, Norfolk. A whopping 105m above sea level. If the image quality is a bit dubious then blame the fact that the air is a bit thin up here…

I claim 2 bonus points for:

Right, I’m off for a lie down.

2 Likes

Still awaiting entries on

Construction Sites & Mobile Cranes

Who will be the first to grab these :smiley:

1 Like

HALF WAY

A huge amount of take up on this years Birthday Challenges with 27 entrants so far and some amazing photos and videos, not to mention the good you are all doing for Drone Scene. Thank you.

How are you finding it?

• Amazing, such a good experience
  • It’s okay and something to do
  • I could think of better things to be doing but this will do

0 voters

The Challenges Committee Team

:large_blue_circle: Frustrating, but it gets me out of the house and it’s broadening my flying horizons. :grin:

I think the more accurate question is “Who will be the first to post these?”

I sense these categories might be the ones where people have some shots “in the bank” but are holding off in search of max points…

4 Likes

Absolutely loving it. Apart from having made a rod for my own back by already having posted a load of DroneScene entries prior to the challenge (including the most obvious monument for the dronie/selfie task… :man_facepalming:

I have managed to get my Silver Pin Seeker badge out of it though, and I’m flying in places that I wouldn’t even have considered a year ago. Done wonders for my flying confidence.

4 Likes

Filmed this morning on the south approach to Manchester Piccadilly, with my Mini 2.

Claiming 4 points.

5 Likes

Filmed this morning at Heath Farm Lane, Partington, Trafford, with my Mini 2.

Claiming 3 points.

6 Likes

Thanks @kvetner Very close on the 4th carriage. Came into view in the last 2 seconds. :+1: :wink:

Points added.

And it’s a second over 30 seconds! :joy:

I’m only joking. Mind you, you know that.:rofl:

Deducts 1 point. :smiling_imp:

By the way, an unexpected side effect of this particular challenge is that I now detest paddleboarders…

Just had my August Timeline Update from Google on places i’ve been, miles I’ve done (driven and walked) and some interesting reading.

2 Likes

SUP - yuppie bastards, I’m blame the pandemic and Lidl selling Infltable versions cheap

2 Likes

Was thinking the same…

I’m thoroughly enjoying it, and because of it I’m flying more frequently now than I did when I got my drone. It’s also helped me to build confidence to fly where there are other people around, and locations which I might have avoided before, so that’s a bonus. :+1:

1 Like

One thing I learned from last years is not to check those things, especially the fuel receipts :fearful: