GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

We have just checked the EXIF data - this is not a drone picture!

1 Like

We have one like this near me but it is about 100m outside of an FRZ of a local RAF station so I’m going to run it passed them first as DJI won’t allow me to take off.

1 Like

Mornin’ guys

Clarification please…

1. Wind Powered
  • Bonus point if there are 4 or more sails
  • Bonus point if the subject is commercial
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

If a place is described as " In private ownership, visiting by appointment only and payment of fee" then does this fee make it a ‘commercial’ enterprise?

Thanks
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Steve, If the place has an entry fee then this will be classed as commercial, if this place has a voluntary fee, donations pot, then commercial it is not. hope this helps.

It does, thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

…unless it sells it’s flour, then that makes it commercial too :wink:

1 Like

Regarding item 22. Construction Site

We have looked at the requirement for a specific branding on a cement truck.

Some of CEMEX’ assets were acquired by the Breedon Group and some of those assets were subsequently disposed of. Both concerns have a large number of depots in Great Britain. We noticed however that neither seems to have a presence in Wales, the West Country or Northern Ireland.

There are many suppliers of pre-mixed concrete and cement but we are struggling to find a brand that has proper coverage of the entire United Kingdom.

We have removed the requirement for any specific branding to be on the cement truck and the wording for item 22 now reads:

Construction Site

• Bonus point if 4 or more colours of safety helmet visible 
• Bonus point if there’s a cement truck in shot 
• Bonus point if there’s a mobile crane in shot 
• Bonus point if a crane is lifting a roof truss
2 Likes

Personally, I think the brand “Hanson” is a good fit :rofl:

1 Like

Live footage of @clinkadink trying to land another bonus point… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sorry, but I am not taking that. He is way too skinny :sweat_smile:

This is more like it …

1 Like

It’s a preview clip from GADC Treasure Hunt: The Movie.

I’m going to be played by Chris Evans. Not Captain America. The annoying DJ.

“Pensioners … Assemble!”

1 Like

We are playing ourselves.

2 Likes

Thought that was a freudian slip for a minute :rofl:

Shouldn’t you be out chasing points?

1 Like

Ohhhhh, one’s back and it’s not Yellow this time (knew it was wise to hold off submitting) phones the hire company to find out when it’s leaving this time

1. Sun Reflecting Off The Water - Mini 2 taken 15/09/21.
    I claim bonus points for, clouds visible in the water, swan in shot (bottom right corner) and adding to Drone Scene.
    Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Strathclyde Loch, Motherwell - Lakes and Reservoirs in Scotland
    There were about a dozen swans in this shot at one point, but 11 of them must have realised they were about to be captured for posterity and decided to do a runner! :joy:
6 Likes

Might have a lead on a mobile crane for all 6 points :crossed_fingers:t2: means I will have to cut my visit to DSEI short but with a bit of luck.

2 Likes
  1. Wind Powered
  • Bonus point if there are 4 or more sails
  • Bonus point if the subject is commercial
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

I claim 4 points please.

• This Wind Powered item is a windmill
  • It has 4 sails
  • It is ‘commercial’ as the owners charge a fee to visitors
  • I have posted a link in DroneScene
4 Likes