GADC 6TH BIRTHDAY meet at Brean Beach, Somerset - Sunday 27th August

This meet might be suitable for anyone wanting points for the Birthday Comp or just to meet up!

Someone might bring along 6 motor drone for example or non DJI drone for example.

All welcome!

This is just south of Bristol so easy to reach from the M4 and M5.

Sunday 27th is the bank holiday weekend.

Up to anyone else also suggesting a meeting location. Brean is easy to fly at due to the vast open beach.

Please bring a homemade Birthday card!

1. Birthday celebrations - host a party with at least five guests (and yourself). At least one guest must be a fellow GADC member - 2 points - You can advertise the meet with a post in here

Bonus point for each person present holding a homemade GADC 6th Birthday Card (Drone Picture)
Bonus point for a GADC 6th Birthday Cake with six candles (Any Camera)
Bonus point for blowing out all six candles with the drone in one pass (Video from any source)
Bonus point for all participants lying on the ground forming a giant 6 (Drone Picture)

Who is up for this?

@group-southwest

• I can make the birthday party - I want to celebrate GADC and fly my drones
  • Sorry, I am washing my hair!
  • I can but can only do the Saturday
  • I can but can only do the Monday
0 voters

count me in
possibly add a poll/vote for 1 click replies?

1 Like

Poll added - wording amended as per @Challenges_Committee pointer.

Low tide is at 09:43, so it looks like a fairly early start to the day

Can I claim full points if I attend with a bit of wedding cake and six candles, my drone and possibly some people ( well the wife) to lie on the ground / beach ? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Dont forget, its only the ‘host’ who gets the points …

Ahh,wonder if he’s willing to share the points :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Is this the National Trust car park ?
I might be able to get there around lunchtime ( at my sisters in Monmouth from Friday to Sunday which actually isn’t far away )

there is the NT one, or an entrance to the beach a little before it

I’ll see what I can do, but can’t promise anything :wink::wink:

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

@DroneGeek Ian, not sure what’s happening next weekend yet, but if I am available, I’ll be there mate.

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 - you up for this?

1 Like

@DroneGeek - maybe an idea to tag the previous attendees here, in case they’ve missed it.

Also possibly suggest a meet time, closer to the time.

2 Likes

Wish I could, I’m in Tewkesbury at a wedding Sunday Monday :person_facepalming:t4:

Sorry - manic week.

Doesn’t look like a big take up - so thinking of cancelling this. Was going to say the weather would be bad - but this is now looking better Sunday / Monday.

@group-southwest

Shame.

I would have been tempted but unfortunately I’m working the bank holiday weekend :disappointed:

be a shame . was looking forward to it :cry:

M5 on the bank holiday is a massive put off for me.

Spent far too many hours looking at the spoilt brats in the ‘German sports estate’ in front of us to want to add to them.

Sorry, but up for another.