GADC Meet - 17/19 May 2019, Rockingham Speedway

Just because there’s a “sheep path” wouldn’t appear to mean there’ll definitely be sheep.

I thought it’s about time I 360 the three fields for the meet.

3 Likes

Is the forest accessible?

Yes there’s bridal way through the larger field from the far corner near the wee lake. I’ll have to check if they still hold pheasant pen in there or not.

Wow looks good, me and my son are definitely considering travelling 2 1/2 hours for this one and make a weekend of it. Is there a restriction on pilot/operator age? He is a responsible 14 year old!

2 Likes

No restrictions but I think it would be wise to have a competent adult with under 18 years old that will be flying.
What does he fly? Will you be camping?

Yeah. Is anyone else camping?

If anyone wants to fly a plank like a park flyer feel free to bring one along.

@anon34183503 your wing ready?

Nope. Not looked at it. Need to find time to fix all my quads too

I have 2 x Dji phantom 2 vision plus although live view doesn’t work on one. We are both just beginners but learning quickly and needing a wide open space to practice :slight_smile: and maybe a few tips from you pros :wink:

Well there’s loads of space so do make the most of it and if you’re camping you’ll be able to get an early start…:grin:

1 Like

I don’t think we will camp, probably just get an early start in the morning to drive there

There is no way on earth I will camp. So will drive down, rip packs maybe recharge… aim to break 120mph on the leader board and go home

1 Like

Here is the proposed location of the loo, you may need to download this app to find it.

Here is it’s precise location just copy and paste

budgeted.gurgling.pickup

1 Like

Just make sure autocorrect doesn’t take over … :rofl:

That’s a long way to go for a nature call, and only to find there’s no hedge only the Red Sea so you can’t go…:see_no_evil:

1 Like

To be honest just somewhere to Pee will suffice for me i take it them are the bushes
don’t want to make it to expensive if i am staying in a hotel overnight

is the £5 per day?

so the dates been set can i book a room :rofl:

The ideas of a loo is mainly for female attendees and overnight campers other wise it’s the bushes.

I’ve proposed £5 for the entire weekend ‘we only need it from Friday to Sunday’ the last time I looked there’s 13 people, enough to share the cost of a loo.
The loo cost is around £24 for a week’s hire or £1.85 each for 13 attendees.
We can forgo the hire of a loo and drive down to the local pubs in Gretton 2 minutes away here.

dislikes.neat.dripped