GADC Pilots' Calendar Competition - February - Winner Announced

Taken Friday 24th February at the house underground in Baxterley, North Warwickshire:

DJI Mini 3 Pro
Auto Settings
Time: 14:30
(This was taken in flight)

4 Likes

The image must obviously be taken by a drone in flight, images that the committee consider do not meet this criteria will not be entered into the poll for the winners. That means images noticeably higher than a normal person’s eyeline, please

Have drone pilots developed eyes in their kneecaps? :slight_smile:

Snowdrops at 400 feet then :thinking:

I’m surely not going to be the only member with a “valid” entry? There’s still 31 hours to go chaps :rofl:

Entry.

Kirkstall Abbey.
Leeds, West Yorkshire.
27/2/2023 - 14:07
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 1/1000s, -0.7ev. What

3 Likes

Does this count ?

DJI Mini 2:
27th Feb 2023: 15:33
1/800 ss, @f2.8, ISO:100

8 Likes

I think you might be, yours look like the only one shot from a drone :grin:

Edit: make that two, just saw @Stomper pic :+1:

“That means images noticeably higher than a normal person’s eyeline, please.”

I’m sure we had this discussion in December :rofl:

1 Like

How tall are you :joy:

1 Like

I’d have to be 14ft not to comply :rofl:

Climb the tree, camera on a pole!! Just saying, :wink:

Hence the pic with the drone In flight as evidence :wink:

Not sure it emphases February all that much, but is one of the drone images i took in February that I like the most.

Location: Edstone Aqueduct, Henley in Arden, Stratford on Avon, Warwickshire
Craft: DJI Mini 3 Pro
Date/Time: 4th February 11:24
Already on Drone Scene

Interesting information: Edstone Aqueduct is one of three aqueducts on a 4 miles (6 km) length of the Stratford-upon-Avon Canal in Warwickshire. All are unusual in that the towpaths are at the level of the canal bottom. At 475 feet (145 m) Edstone is the longest cast iron aqueduct in England. It crosses a minor road, a stream, and a field, a railway line the North Warwickshire Line and the trackbed of the disused Alcester branch line. There was once a pipe from the side of the canal that enabled steam locomotives to draw water to fill their tanks.

The aqueduct was completed in 1816 and is an early example of a prefabricated structure. Its cast iron trough is formed of 35 separate sections bolted together, which sits on thirteen brick piers, creating 14 spans. The trough is 2.7 metres (8.9 ft) wide, and 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) deep. The towpath is set level with the base of the trough, which is a somewhat unusual design feature.

I like the picture because: It features canal, rail and road all in one shot.

4 Likes

@firstadekit superb colours :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Entry Feb calander

Taken 0655 14th February 2023
Waltham Windmill,North east Lincolnshire
DJI Mini3 pro

8 Likes

@Challenges_Committee: Was the omission of @john768’s entry an oversight, or have I missed a transgression?

@group-challenges

Thank you for your entries, too few unfortunately to prevent layoffs in the CalComp team at Chall Com HQ, many of whom have left the premises for the last time, while choking back the tears.

The images are presented here for you to select the best illustration for the month of February, an illustration that will represent the best drone photography for the GADC Pilots’ Calendar.

Voting closes at 22:00 on Thursday 2nd March

1 Like

My mistake. I’m ripped to the tits on Gabapentin (a painkiller) and had already prepared the poll. John’s contribution came in an hour before closing(even though it was taken on February 14th) and I had to resize and change format to *.webp for quick loading for those with slow connections.

Somehow the edit didn’t save. And, because you cannot change a poll after the first five minutes I have had to redo the poll and destroy the original. So for those who had voted - please vote again!

And the moral of the story might be - don’t leave entries until the closing stage of the competition!

Other side effects of this painkiller in combination with the rest of the pills that keep me going are loose bowels and loss of balance, confusion and falling asleep during the daytime, often halfway through a sentence when typing. Be thankful I’ve got to the end of this!

2 Likes

@group-challenges

Due to medically induced chemical euphoria the first poll for the Calendar Competition had to be reposted. If you had voted before midnight on Tuesday please revisit the new poll in order to register your vote.

Maybe leave 24 hrs between the end of a comp and the poll being posted, as this will allow any bribes to be submitted…sorry, I mean any last minute entries to be included without having to rush