Gawton's Well, Knypersley Pool - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Gawton's Well is a peaceful hidden spot - a healing well hidden in a grove of Yew Trees, if not for the signage showing where it is then I am sure most would never find it…

Depending on your sources, Gawton was either a servant at nearby Knypersley Hall or a local villager, who was afflicted with a skin complaint and bathed in the waters of the well, which was said to cure him, he then became a hermit, living in the woods under the nearby Gawton's Stone…

The second of 4 videos from that day, and 3 filmed within a quarter of a mile of each other. I was aiming to show the peace of the place and to document what is, given the shaded area and abundance of trees I flew only the AVATA as it was not really safe to fly either of the cine camera drones, I hope I have done the place justice…

To get here, follow the path inland from the Warder's Tower and then follow the signs, path can be muddy, but otherwise accessible to the wall and within, but the well itself requires a few steep steps to be climbed.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/09/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes