Gedling Country Park - Added to Parks and Recreation in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Parking onsite.

Nice and large parkspace with a large solar panel field at the peak of it.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/08/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Thanks @Richmighty for adding this location t the DroneScene map

Really enjoyed that edit, super smooth and well put together was an amazing watch, keep up the good work :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Just looking at a site “The friends of Gedling Park”. It appears the borough council bylaws probably don’t allow drone flight, although the park isn’t mentioned directly.

" 32. (1) No person shall in the ground release any power-driven model aircraft for flight or control the flight of such an aircraft.
(2) No person shall cause any power-driven model aircraft to take off or land in the ground.
"

They can’t stop you flying over though.

1 Like

That’s a fair few “maybes” :smiley:

Got anything official or concrete that you can reference as a source @lennoni mate? :man_shrugging:

I believe I posted the link, but here it is again:
Park Byelaws - FRIENDS OF GEDLING COUNTRY PARK.

I’m just as desperate to find places to fly without conflict. I suspect that on the wrong day with the wrong people watching, flying here might lead to difficulties and that we might not be in the right.

1 Like

Sorry @lennoni by official, I was hoping for something with a .gov.uk link, rather than a community run web site.

Don’t worry about it mate, wasn’t important :slight_smile: