General 3D printing questions and answers, tips and tricks

Interesting read on everyone’s TPU print settings, I’ve only just started with TPU, bought a roll to print something for the kitchen.

The first thing I printed was the Cree Mount for the FPV drone…Pic.

I thought I’d try the PLA profile on my printer and to my amazement it printed perfectly….
Temp / 215
Bed / 43
Cooling / 2nd layer 25%
Retraction 2.2mm
Retraction speed 160mm/sec
Print speed 46.7mm/sec

1 Like

Thingiverse :+1: printer upgrades … Place your model 3d printer in the search bar , then choose an upgrade… Reading the settings you put your printer on, then start printing … good way to learn … :grinning:

1 Like

Not sure, it’s been given to me, no box or anything

The data plate says 3 v2

How do I tell it’s a Neo?

Whats a Neo?

You have 2 types ender 3 v2 and ender 3 v2 neo. While both printers use the same Bowden-style extruder mounted on the left side of the gantry, the Ender 3 V2 Neo is equipped with a metal extruder, which provides more consistent extrusion force and reduces the risk of under-extrusion.

1 Like

Looking closer, it looks like a stock v2.
The most obvious visible differences are

1. Magnetic build plate
  2. Leveling probe on the side of the extruder
1 Like

This 3D printer malarkey is ………:scream::scream::scream::scream:

Bed levelling :scream::scream::scream:

Need a drink :tumbler_glass:

yep not as easy as it looks :rofl: its a hobby in its self :+1:t2:

Getting somewhere now :grinning:

What’s the best PLA bed and extruder temp?

I tend to use 60 bed and what ever temp is stated on the spool of the PLA usually around 200/220 mark depending on the brand.

1 Like

best thing to do to learn the ropes is like stated above print upgrades for your model printer. My first printer the ender 3 pro has loads of upgrades to print on Thingiverse. things like tool holders and drawers, filament guides and rollers etc etc. Will help you get used to thinking the 3D print way. orientation of the part on the build plate is extremely important. overhangs and supports are all things that need thinking about.

I don’t have a box for the reel I am using but there is another reel that says 200-230 and 60-80

I had it at 200 and 60 but it wouldn’t stick, I just tried 210/62 and it is better

Is it hit-and-miss then?

yeah, trial and error mate. The spool itself should a have a sticker on it with the temps as well :+1:t2: All brands have a different temp range my rule of thumb is 60 for the bed for PLA and I tend to go somewhere in the middle of the range for the particular brand and adjust up and down by 5 degrees till it prints right.

Do you have a test print that is best to use to check if the temps are good?

yeah, the benchy its a benchmark print and tests every aspect of 3D printing.

I use some of my PLA at 220 and the bed at 65 … Make sure your bed is very clean … I even use my wifes nail polish remover lol …

1 Like

also most slicers will have a temperature tower built in.

IPA is perfect for this :ok_hand:t2:

An hour in 3D benchy is looking good

I don’t know if you know any cad programs, but tinkercad is easy to learn so you can print things you need

Cheers Karl, on it :+1: