Glasses to view drone camera feed

I got chatting to the chap who owns the cottage Im staying in, we dropped on to the subject of drones to which I said id be happy to take some footage for him. He then proceeded to tell me he had a drone, now im not 100% if he said Mavic 3 pro or Mavic pro 3 ???.

Wot he was excited about was some kind of glasses he could ware which projected the image on to his eyes, His words not mine. He said he was gifted all his drone gear by the brother of a friend who had pasted away, Lucky so and so …

I obviously pointed him the direction of the grey arrows and explained there’s not much these guys don’t know when it comes to drones :+1:t3:

I have 1 question has anyone heard of there glasses goggle or is he pulling the wool ???, excusing the pun as im staying next to a sheep farm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is he just talking about DJI Googles?

Or perhaps these?

Old post - not sure if they’ve been updated over the few years since.

Search on GADC - there’s a few posts that might update/expand on their use.

2 Likes

Nice bit of kit but a bit on the expensive side £800+ and you really need a DJI Smart Controller with a HDMI connection - think this excludes the DJI RC :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I bought a pair of Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses with its controller to link with my DJI Mavic Pro some years ago. When 15 months ago I purchased an Air 2S plus the Smart Controller combo, I can now connect the glasses via a short, high spec usb-c cable to the SC. This gives the required image directly in front of the eyes, while this system also covers being able to keep line of sight both through and around the periphery of the glass’s frames. This could also work with the BT-35 and the wider image of the new BT-40 model, but as yet not with the newer DJI SC which I also control my DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Perhaps in the future DJI could come up with a solution to this problem. As for cost? Cheapness is a word which isn’t necessarily associated with flying camera drones, eh!

No I got the impression he meant the below, he said his mate was a photographer so :man_shrugging:t3:

I haven’t tried them with my drone yet as that would require the DJI RC Pro controller but I have the Rokid Air glasses which are great for watching films and am sure they would be good for a second viewer of what the drone sees.

:exploding_head::disguised_face: Oh my goodness, I can feel a migraine coming on! :sweat_smile:

Could he have been talking about the Avegant Glyph?

I have a set of these, and rather than having screens they project the image onto the retina using a system of micro-mirrors, similar to that of a LCD video projector.

Back in 2016 when they were released they were the talk of the town due to the HD clarity of the image. They were also quite expensive.

I bought mine used a few years back to use with my Connex HD FPV system. I also used them to watch Netflix and other streaming content via a PS4/PS5. Unfortunately I stuffed the micro-HDMI port and not got round to fixing it yet. Instead I purchased a set of Skyzone O4X goggles. The image quality of the Skyzone goggles surpasses that of the Avegant Glyph, probably because the screens are higher resolution and OLED.

I have the Epson Moverio BT35E glasses which I used with my Mavic 2 Pro Smart Controller and I was quite impressed by them. Having sold the Mavic and controller they are surplus to requirement as my Air 2S controller does not have HDMI socket. Anyone want to make me a sensible offer?

1 Like