GNB (Gaoneng) Batteries

Has anyone else had any issues with these?

I’ve had 3 of these batteries break on the balance cable and register from 4s to 3s on my charger.
The batteries that have broken have all been the same GNB 1100mAh 4S

Luckily I’ve managed to “rescue” one of them but one has had to go in the bin and the other is on the bench for surgery later today.

I’m going to message Hobby RC but don’t expect much as their policy states they are only covered when dead on arrival.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same issues?

I’ve only used the GNB 1500mAh 4S 130C version and so far touch wood I’ve not had any issues Howard. How are you securing the balance lead when the battery is on the quad? I can only assume that its getting pulled on when battery ejects in a crash or something?

I’ve got a few of them too. I’m guessing you are using the xt60 batteries as these are xt30.

I always double strap my batteries on all of my larger drones after a mishap with the Nazguls props sometime ago.

So to answer your question , the lead is secured on every flight so there’s no risk of it being chopped off.

Also I used them exclusively on the chimera 4 lr which is probably the only quad I own that has never been crashed :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

That could be the issue mate, when the battery ejects it will be putting all those G forces on the leads pulling out from the straps. @DeanoG60 printed me off some balance lead clips that work a treat. You don’t need to strap them at all so no forces act on the leads when ejected. I’m at work right now but I’ll post a pic when I get home :+1:t2:

Ah in that case it probably isn’t the problem if you’ve not crashed it :thinking:

Nice - will have to print myself some of these

I’ve had to repair my gnb balance cables on 2 lipos. They broke half way up. But I’ve had them a while

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me then.

I’ve had them 3/4 months but haven’t been hammered really.

Two of mine came off at the contacts in the battery.
Fixed one, the other scrap

1 Like

I have quite a few of them and have yet to have a problem. All the leads are silicone’ish coated and are very flexible so they shouldn’t just crack or break.
I would check that the balance leads are not being either over-flexed, or cut by the battery’s clear shrink wrap, as that stuff is pretty stiff & sharp too sometimes. I’ll sometimes trim the clear plastic shrink wrap back a bit to allow the cables a bit more freedom to flex.
If they’re coming apart at the connector end try plugging and unplugging from the charger using the connector only, as pulling on the wires can easily pull pins out of the socket or worse pull wires out of the pins which is harder to rectify

1 Like

These are the small clips that Deano printed for me Howard :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thats alot of batteries John :astonished:

Thanks, @Orbo - I’m generally pretty careful and have other GNB batteries that have no issues.

I’ll be extra careful going forward.

That is a hell of a lot of batteries!

1 Like

Thanks mate. Printed a load yesterday

Sweet! Look good man :+1:t2:

@SirGunner & @Howard78

I like to have a spare or three LOL :slight_smile:

I’m the same with my drones 6 and counting now

1 Like