Godstow Abbey - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Godstow Abbey (Benedictine Nunnery) ///donor.posed.nails was originally built in 1133. It was suppressed in 1539 in the second act of dissolution and converted into a house which was then occupied until 1645. After bad damage during the English civil war it was left to fall into ruin.
Not much remains at all of it now but it is a great location to get airborne as it has some fantastic aerial views across the Thames to Oxford from a distance.
I flew around 12pm and was on site for around 1½ hrs but it was getting busy fairly rapidly with walkers etc. I had no issues with anyone, no-one questioned me and I was left in peace to fly but I would recommend you pick an early or a late slot if you want to avoid pedestrians.
Very close proximity to the Trout pub made famous by Inspector Morse :slight_smile: (you have to pass by it on foot in order to get to the Abbey form the car park) and it is on the main Thames path so great place to have a meal, a pint and a stroll.
Free parking in Godstow Road car park ///wisdom.quite.bring.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/05/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Hi @Martin,

Thanks for the information and tips. I have just flown at this location this week.

This is the preliminary - unedited version of the video i did there:

Thanks and Regards,
Evaldo

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @MasterYeti :grin:

2 Likes