Goggle Recommendations for GEPRC CinePro 4K

OK FPV wizards, I have a CinePro 4K and a Terranis controller and TBS crossfire nano recever/transmitter. What, in your opinion would be the best goggles for me(not too expensive)? I do wear glasses.

Long or short sighted? What prescriptions?

Do you want to wear the glasses with the goggles? Are they varifocals?

How much can you pay, roughly?

I assume this is for analog and not DJI or HDZero?

Not varifocals, long sighted, money not really an issue but do not want to spend cash on something I may not want to continue with so looking for an inexpensive goggle option but not rubbish, analogue, I think :thinking:.

So, long sighted is a problem… Most box goggles will put the screen close to your face, so you’ll need your glasses (or maybe even reading glasses) on. Also I notice that some goggles with adjustable lenses do not adjust in the direction you need. So basically take care in your choice.

So…
Skyzone Cobra X V2 are inexpensive and good box goggles. @Earwig and @gunja99 use these. You can wear your glasses under them.

Personally I have EV800O goggles… no longer available, they adjust +/-6 diopters in each eye so should meet your prescription. The Skyzone 04X are the same goggles, but with higher res screens and more cost… they are one of the best goggles out there. There is a cheaper version Skyzone 04L, these have LCOS screens rather than the OLED of the 04X.

The best analog goggles are supposedly the Orcas, but the expense goes up a lot. There are the Fatshark HD02s, but they’re an older goggle now, don’t have the adjustment range you may need.

Both the Orcas and Fatsharks, don’t come with analog modules, so add on around £100 for that on each one… I suspect they will not be something you want to consider. You may be able to pickup a second hand set of fatsharks though. All the skyzones come with modules, so no further expense.

Well… actually all the above need batteries, but almost any lipo with an XT60 connector will do. And you will probably want to change the antennas… Skyzones do come with some acceptable linear ones.

The other choice is to go for a budget box goggle, the Eachine EV800D are ok, but you will struggle to get your glasses under them and being long sighted you will need to do so… I’m not sure I can recommend any other budget box goggles… especially not the EMAX transporters… yuck.

There are loads of second hand Fatshark and Skyzone options… most are good I expect. Loads of reviews online about them all.

(Personally I’d go with the Skyzone Cobra X V2 or Skyzone 04L as being the best bang for buck if buying new)

Thank you so much for that, yep I think I will need my readers my prescription is +2-2.5.

I have these that I carry for when I forget my readers, they work quite well for me and may fit in goggles easier than full specs…

1 Like

:+1: Yep, I like my Skyzone Cobra X V2s.

I’ve also updated the title of the thread; it might attract a few more responses.

If money is no object I can highly recommend the Skyzone Sky04X goggle. I have a prescription of +2 and I can achieve a sharp focus edge to edge. They use large OLED screens so the view is immersive in both 4:3 and 16:9 formats. The screens are also HD and with the HDMI input they are HD ready, I use them with my Connex Prosight system. As well as FPV I use them for streaming Netflix and Prime Video from a PlayStation when I’m in bed. They also have a DVR that records in H264 at 60FPS. The built in receiver, which can be swapped out, covers all bands and channels, and is switchable between diversity and mix (similar technology as the Rapid Fire module). There is also a second bay that you can put a second receiver module in, such as a 2.4GHz or 1.2GHz module, or a second Skyzone RapidMix receiver for quadversity reception.

I have the same goggles :point_up: and can re-iterate all that @Nidge says. I use mine for analogue and HD-ZERO via the HDMI input.
The image is superb, excellent in fact. If I was buying again now I’d buy exactly the same again :smile:

1 Like