Goggles v2 with 03 unit

Just thinking of buying a new quad and was wondering if you can use the above, im now using crossfire so control side should be ok as long as I buy one with crossfire in :+1:

The fact that they are listed on the 03 specs page would indicate that they are compatible :slight_smile:

Yes mate, no problem at all.

I’ve just got the avata and the difference from the air unit is noticeable.

Looks like I’m about to upgrade a few to 03 myself.

1 Like

I didn’t think the O3 Air unit was compatible with the Goggles V2? :thinking:

Yes, check the link above it’s definitely comparable

Learn something new everyday lol I guess you’d need to lose WTF OS though as I’m guessing you’ll need the goggles on a higher firmware than WTF OS supports. I think that was the reason I wasn’t arsed by the O3 air units as I’m not sure I could cope with the DJI OSD again or lack of :rofl:

I’m sticking with the vista and air unit for now then.

Can’t update the goggles as that cocks up the hack on the DJI fpv :man_facepalming:t3:

I’m only guessing that the goggles would need a firmware update to use the O3.

1 Like

A quick google seems to suggest you are correct.
I’ll check the goggles tomorrow

Well I’ve rooted and update mine so hopefully they should work as I’ve just bought a new 03 unit to stick in the cinelog…

I know I should have brought it with the 03 unit in the first place​:roll_eyes: you know me like to do things are about tit just hope it works now :weary:

I use the Goggles V2 with O3 unit and HD OSD. I’m using WTFOS Firmware as well, it has support for FPV, Avata, Vista and O3 Unit.

Sadly Custom Fonts etc are not supported with the O3 units but you have a lot of settings you can use still.

3 Likes

That’s good to know.

Seems they should be fine for you @BigDog.

1 Like

Yah sounds good I was looking at a new quad but decided to put an 03 in the cinelog … mum left me a couple of quid so thought I’d put it into something I’d enjoy :+1:t3:

2 Likes

03 air unit is an option that’s already available in my goggles :sunglasses:

I can guarantee the O3 works perfectly fine with the V2 Goggles. I even put one in the back of Foleys tent @ the bigmeet :wink:

iNav has poor support, waiting to see how @Njoro gets on with that, but betaflight is perfectly fine, so for quads it’s a no brainer. You don’t get recorded OSD data, etc and there are limitations from the Goggles 2, but overall works lovely without any hacks

Me too…:shushing_face:

Just tried activating the 03 following the below tutorial, but really weird as the unit is on the latest version and and there is no activation button is this right ???

Likely already activated then. Not sure what version you need for using with V2 goggles. Can’t remember and don’t have quad with me ATM to check

You will need to switch to O3 mode on the goggles though. And rebind every time… With wtfos you can keep your binds going back to the DJI fpv system (i.e. all your vistas will stay bound), but every time you reboot into O3, avata or DJI fpv mode you’ll need to rebind… Fin times… Not.

I think the fix for that for the vistas is an optional package on wtfos web thingy. Obviously need to be in the DJI digital fpv system mode for that

All bound both reciver and goggles, the issue im having is in reciver tab in BF my “stick low” threshold is lower than my stick imput hence it wont arm :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Looked at the below (3.37min) on how to change but cant work it out on my Tango2