Good places for drone photography in Scotland

Hi I am planing a caravan holiday in Scotland in the summer and would like your help with an itinerary for great drone photo destinations, any photos of the areas also would be great.Thanks in advance.

Use Dronescene all the info you need is there

1 Like

Use the search function as lots of us have posted photos from across Scotland. Particular favourites of mine are Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park, Rannoch Moor & Glencoe, Skye and just about anywhere in the Highlands.

2 Likes

@Caveman do you know roughly which parts of Scotland you will be visiting. You might find you get more helpful replies if you narrow it down a little. I live near Aberdeen and enjoy going out the Deeside Road towards Banchory, Ballater and onto Braemar. Another option is to follow NC500 as there are some great places on that route (and a lot less airports to worry about).

Thanks for your reply we are touring but no route worked out yet hence my question so we can put one together taking in best places as we will be in Scotland for 4 to 5 weeks

If you have that amount of time you will be absolutely spoiled for choice!!! I’d be travelling up the west coast and into the highlands, then doing the NC500. From Inverness I’d move east to Elgin and then south to Grantown on Spey, Tomintoul, Ballater, Braemar, Perth, Edinburgh and then south down the east coast. I’ll pop up a map of the route I would personally take, if I ever had the chance

2 Likes

North Coast 500 is highly recommended. Fantastic spots for photography at Duncansby Head, Castle Sinclair (Wick), pop over to Orkney on the ferry and get the Old Man of Hoy, Burray, Scarra Bray, etc then back to mainland for Bettyhill, Kyle of Tongue, Durness, Assynt, Kylescu and on to Lochinver and Achmelvich Beach. Pop over to Harris & Lewis and then back to Oban then back through Glencoe. Both Edinburgh & Glasgow well worth visiting, the former particularly photogenic. For NC500, do check for flight restrictions as the highlands are the RAF’s playground. But much of the coastline lies outside if that restriction. The midges are a bigger threat than fighter aircraft!

1 Like