Greetings from Worcester UK

Hi,

Clive here from not so sunny Worcester here in the UK.

I’m new to the site and drones in general so looking to grow in my pilot skills and experience with like minded people. I have a Mav 2 Mini and a Mav 2 Pro and currently going through the process for A2 CoC and getting my head around the jargon and rules etc… Whilst whizzing around the inside of the house with the M2M.

Mainly looking for recreational flying and getting into drone based areal cinematography and learning how to get decent shots and build up my skills in both flying and imagery for fun.

Anyways, just wanted to check in and say hi so I’ll consider that step ticked off!

Fly Safe!

10 Likes

Greetings Clive. Welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Thanks Steve! nice to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to GADC

Don’t forget to try our very own DroneScene for all the tools you’ll need for ore flight planning as well as member added places to fly.

Good2Go is also on there, let’s you know what you can fly and where

2 Likes

Many thanks Chris - another one added to my Drone Bookmarks!

2 Likes

That site Good2Go is so so handy - thanks for sharing that. I was a little bewildered on where I can and can’t fly - I knew there was much more flexibility with the MM2 - hence I bought it.

Thanks for that! Explains things in an easy and straight forward way.

3 Likes

Hi there

1 Like

welcome … used to live in Droitwich but now down in Bournemouth …some nice spots up there for drone flying …

1 Like

Yesterdays walk

5 Likes

Hi,

I do wish I was nearer beech areas, as the footage collected could be awesome - and Bournemouth is lovely.

There are some nice areas around here - but I’m just not entirely sure about the Worcester by laws. The council aren’t going to permit take off and landing on their land.

I’m still trying to get my head around the rules on TOAL as it appears you need permission from the land owner - which is fair enough. But it’s the gray areas, such as bridle ways, foot paths, common land or no man’s land as it was called…

What is to stop you from finding a nice little lay by in the middle of nowhere and setting up shop!!

I’m quite tempted to just use my best judgement and just do it - taking into consideration the Drone code, and the separation rules etc…

Perhaps I’m just other thinking it.

C

use best judgement … make sure its not obviously illegal …and fly legally … you’ll be fine

1 Like

Hello im new from Rubery South Birmingham Area just got mavic mini and started a2c of c flying drone in house and garden

1 Like

Hi Alex,

That’s exactly what I started to do and I’m about to start the exam prep. Did the caa stuff and order a nice lanyard with the flyer and operator ID and got 2 sets of labels for the Drones (mm2 and m2p)

I’m a little sketchy on the mm2 from the residential garden.

Clive

Ive just been trying to set up a little course to fly a figure 8 around lol im hopefully going to have a flying lesson or two as soon as lockdown ends
Alex

1 Like

That’s a really good idea. I have had a few other smaller Drones, but none stable enough to fly around a room in circles. I can do that quite well now with the mm2. Obviously the other isn’t suitable lol.

If you don’t have any, get yourself some prop guards for the mm2. It’ll save you ££ on new blades.

Hope you’re having fun with it. That Drone has so much more utility compared to the larger ones I think.

Definitely a great Drone.

Have fun,
Clive

Hi
Yeah its my first drone i have a phantom 4 pro on the way as id like to see if i can survey roofs ect for insurance companies and roofing companies ect also looking at usa work wisein winter surveying roofs due to storm damage for insurance companies. Wondering what parts of the faa 107 i might get exemption from if any

Hi Alex,

I really hope that works well for you. I’m not sure I want to go into commercial stuff, it’s quite an outlay on a decent DJI pro Drones, by the looks. Not sure MAVM2 will cut it lol - the MAV2P mebbe and obviously the P4PRO. And in top of that, you’ve got the additional courses. I think for now, I’m going to increase my pilot skills, increase my experience with the UK and EU laws and also learn some decent photography and digital processing skills - I really lack those.

Clive