Hangar 360 app for IOS

I was camping this weekend too (albeit in a 20yr old motorhome) :slight_smile: Arranged to meet some friends who were tenting, taught them how to fly a Mavic pro too, they’re hooked already :smiley:

So! Hangar 360…

I’ve had mixed results with this app too. Such a shame, it could be amazing if they spent a bit more time on it (I can’t even login, seriously!?)

My first attempt, the software did everything it should have done, took me off to 91m high (worrying to hand full control over my prized possession to a 3rd party app!) and it took all the photos and came back to land safely. It then sent the photos off to hangar and that’s where it all went wrong. The upload failed 3/4 way through for some reason. I tried the upload again and it said successful, but then the app got stuck in “processing”. I emailed support and they gave me a very automated response about using 4:3 blah blah. A day later the status changed to failed and that was the end of it.

Second attempt, complete success. I did nothing different!

Third was ok too.

Fourth? Well, that failed on upload again. WTF, right?

So yes, it kinda works, seems a bit patchy though, which worries me a lot as it’s in full control of my bird.

Here’s one that did work, over Wigan Flashes: https://viewer.hangar.com/ar3WvWrx

It still worries me though…

Also, what happens if Hangar decide they’ve had enough one day? We lose all our media :frowning:

Apparently Litchi can do all this too, but I don’t know much about it (nor how you store/host it). Perhaps GADC could offer a reliable 360 image hosting service :+1: