Happy 100th Birthday Colonel Tom!

I promised my neighbors I would celebrate Colonel Toms Birthday in style, so I got the Disco Speakers and an Amp set up under the Carport (it was pissing down with rain at 8 pm !) and played “Space Oddity” (Captain Tom Version) at 1,000 watts, amid cheers of Happy Birthday !!.
A very Happy Birthday Colonel Tom, I’ll do it all again when you are 101 !.
Next week I am hoping to get my Daughter to sing live her version of “Over The Rainbow” on Thursday at the NHS Clap.
I wonder if I can get permission for her to do it from the Car Park of the UEA Hospital?.
Chris !, you don;t ask, ya don’t get !.
Besides I have a PRS Licence, so I can legally do it !.

7 Likes

well done Chris. He certainly is some guy. I guess you could say that during this virus he is one of the few that has got it 100% right!

1 Like

People are saying giving him the Rank of Colonel ,is not enough.
But ,that has been given by the Army.
Knighthoods are to handed out by our Monarchy.

Well done Captain Tom, an inspiration to the people of this world that great things can be achieved by spreading hope and personal ambition, and hope it stimulates more people globally to unite in making our planet a better place for us now but for those starting out on their new lives.
Biggggggg salute

2 Likes

THIS,! I thought was brilliant.
https://youtu.be/tSZzN7cPFBQ

2 Likes

Well done Captain Tom, amazing effort. I’d like to reach 100, never mind be fit enough to do what you did…

However isn’t it sad that a 99 year old guy with a Zimmer frame felt he had to go out and walk around his garden shit loads of times so the NHS can buy ventilators and PPE?

1 Like

That’s the very one I played!.
My mate heard it, and he lives a mile and a half away!.
Copper who lives opposite, did"nt give a shit!.

2 Likes

It’s definitely one to turn the volume up on.