Hardy Monument, Dorset

A DJI Mini 2 drone flight around the very picturesque Hardy Monument which sits above the village of Portesham in Dorset, UK. Nice time to fly as you get to see all the autumnal colours as everything changes. Beautiful far reaching views from Weymouth Bay to Abbotsbury

9 Likes

Great video.
The DJI mini 2 is a fantastic bit of kit even though it hasn’t got all the extras that the more expensive models have got. I’m definitely going to get one of these when I upgrade and save a few more pounds to afford.
Do you use Littchi for flying? as that orbit shot was great for the mini 2.
Cheers,
Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian,
It certainly is a great drone. The orbit was done with the dji fly app, I don’t use Litchi, I have got Maven but don’t really use that either.

Happy flying
Nige

I didn’t realise the DJI app had orbit mode.
Is this available for both the mini 2 and the mini 2 SE do you know?
Not sure which version of the mini 2 to get.
Thanks,
Ian

If you can, I’d get the Mini 2. They say the SE is an easy drone to learn on, but I honestly found the Mini 2 easy and very user friendly. I’ve never used an SE, but I would imagine they have all the same modes as the others ie: Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, and Boomerang.
If money isn’t in play, I’d even say go for a Mini 3 Pro or Mini 4 Pro for the obstacle avoidance.
When you do get a drone, THE VERY FIRST THING you want to do is go to settings and make sure that in the safety tab, it’s set to RTH ( return to home) if you lose connection with the drone. It will save some tears for sure.