Hawkesbury, Coventry 05/09/20

How did you find the fpv? I think you did pretty well

1 Like

Wish the weather wasnā€™t so crapā€¦ Iā€™ve got myself a little Emax Tinyhawk Freestyle 2 that Iā€™m itching to give a go! Never flown FPV before so should be interesting might stick with Angle mode to start with :rofl: build my way up to Acro.

@notveryprettyboy Iā€™m free tomorrow but just checked the weather and itā€™s set to rain all day. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Hey dude. Donā€™t do angle or horizon. It makes it much much harder to transition to acro. Yes the learning curve is steep but worth the effort!

1 Like

Will keep that in mind :+1:t2:

Just fly how you like. I started in angle. Got used to fpv, then did acro. But Iā€™m an old slow git.

Angle is

2 Likes

Acro is

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I figured Iā€™d start with a toothpick quad rather than a 5inch. Less chance of killing myself or the quad that way :joy:

Next Saturday morning might be good

Will have to see what shift the missus is on pal. Will let you know :+1:t2:

Sadly I have my kid the next few weekends so wonā€™t be able to join you

1 Like

Itā€™s all about the kids. Kept me going :wink:

I should be good for next Saturday, just hope the weather is better :tired_face: should we create a new thread incase anybody else wants to join?

1 Like

@anon34183503 I must admit I agree with this after my first flight today, you have far more control over the quad in Acro mode, in fact I found it hard to fight the wind in angle mode but Iā€™m assuming that was because Iā€™d need to increase the the amount of forward angle in beta flight. either way iā€™ll 100% be flying in acro mode from now on for sure. :+1:t2:

I havenā€™t even got self level modes setup on mine. Seems like a waste of time. Wish I could have joined you guys today Iā€™m free Saturday 24th tho

2 Likes

It was fun today but the rain put pay to a lot of flying. Will have to wait and see what shift the missus is working that weekend before I can commit to anything lol if sheā€™s working then iā€™ll be golden :+1:t2:

Iā€™m learning to fly with the Emax Tinyhawk freestyle 2. and once funds allow will be upgrading to a 5inch :grin: I spent about 3 hours in a sim and flew for the first time today and pleased to say I only crashed once lol but then due to the rain only managed to fly one pack. looking forward to flying many more packs soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, this is my 5" frame. Itā€™s a tank, but a struggle to fit everything on it.
If you want to build one from scratch, which I recommend as youā€™ll like it, enjoy searching for frames. Itā€™s probably the first thing you should think about.

Agreed find a frame you like then look at componentsā€¦

As to the frame @notveryprettyboy is using it is tough but I donā€™t like it at all. But like most things itā€™s a personal preference :slight_smile:

1 Like

That link isnā€™t working. Iā€™ll get myself the Nazgul5 first I think. Then if I get on with that ok Iā€™ll look into building my first quad and upgrade to crossfire in the process :+1:t2:

1 Like

It is heavy too!