Hawkesbury Junction/Sutton Stop - Added to Rivers and Canals in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Plenty of parking at Hawkesbury Junction/Sutton Stop

There is a pub on site for refreshments and it serves food also.

It can be quite busy in the summer months. I took off from the bench over the bridge. There were a fair few dog walkers and pub goes around as well as people fishing the canal but nobody batted an eyelid at my tiny sub250g Mavic Mini.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 02/01/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Great photo

Really good pic, It is also interesting.

hi deanoG60 this is just behind me lovely place but i’ve never thought of fly my drone there to busy look around, great pictures the pub greyhound doe’s great food drink’s reasonable go there a lot.

yeah there were lots of people around but non of them batted an eyelid at my little Mavic Mini and being sub250g perfectly legal :+1:t2: In fact if you zoom in on the image you can see me, I’m actually leaning against the community police station in the middle to operate my drone :+1:t2:

Very nice location, great find

1 Like

Yep great find, surprised I didn’t know about this place, awesome pic too.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic Air, Air 2, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3 or DJI FPV drone