Hello from Altrincham

Hello everyone, thanks to Rich for the invite. I just got my Mavic Pro Platinum, but I have been flying a Phantom 3 Standard for 2 years. Ive had a few non dji drones over the years too, but I still have loads to learn, specially on the tech/app side of things.

6 Likes

Hi there and welcome to our drone forum. The friendliest forum on the interweb.
:partying_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Hi @AndyQC4 glad you could join us mate, I’m just up the road in Wigan :+1:t2:

1 Like

Good morning @AndyQC4, I’m just up the road from you in Sale, drop me a message if you want to meet up any time.

1 Like

Hi @AndyQC4 just up the road in Stockport

1 Like

Ahhh, Altrincham, where I learned to swim as a wee nipper. Is the pool still there?

Used to live in Timperley and even attended the primary school for a year (no longer there) until we emigrated.

Welcome on board.

1 Like

Hello and welcome.

1 Like

Hi, I am actually in Timperley, I dont know the pool you mean, we have a leisure centre in Alty, but I have only lived here for…oooh 28 years lol. Unless you learned to swim in King Georges pool, thats still there but you would have to battle the carp and the Canada geese! :grin:

1 Like

Hi, that sounds like a good idea, it would be nice to meet up once I am up and running properly. I still have some teething problems to sort such as camera settings and maps, but I will get there eventually I hope!

1 Like

Small world. I lived in Greenfield Ave (no 16 rings a bell) and the pool was known as Altrincham Baths back then.

Oh, and it’s 50yrs since I lived there.

2 Likes

Could that be Greenfield Close? My partner lived there as a child and her mother still does. Think the family have been there over 50 years.

Yes - that’s the one, close, not avenue. If they’ve been there that long it could be they recall my mum and dad - Rodger & Pat Dyckhoff.

Welcome to the group :+1:

Welcome Andy,
Be good to hear your experiences as well!

1 Like