Hello from Gloucestershire

Thanks for letting me join, I stopped flying a while back when all the fuss started with the false news reporting made them unacceptable to the general public, it does look like there are so many more people flying nowadays and I do miss flying, so I’m going to dip my toes in again :slight_smile: but was wondering what the rule is for taking off from a public road and overflying fields. Great site by the way with no questions deemed to be pointless as in some groups on Facilebook

1 Like

Have a look. Basic rules are here:

1 Like

Hi, great thanks for that, yes I have done the online test and registered with the CAA, but there is little or no explanation of the legality of overflying privately owned land, by which I mean open countryside.

Between 50m and 120m high and you’re legal over private land in rural areas like farms. Unless it’s a no fly zone like near an airport or power station etc

1 Like

Thank you for that, It has been a bit of a worry for me before I buy a new copter, although I have all the necessary licences Etc I really do not want to do anything that is illegal. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi. I’m pleased to read I’m not the only one that gets nervous about wherever I’ve chosen to fly. I’ve got a Mavic mini and if I understand correctly I think the rules are relaxing for sub 250g drones in the new year. I’m new to flying and this was one thing that prompted my choice of drone

1 Like

Hi, yes like you I really do not want to get into altercations with people who don’t like drones, so my intention is to fly as far away as possible from people, to limit contact. Hopefully the Mavic Mini will allow me to do that. Safe flying.

The mini funnily enough will allow you to fly closer to the moaners legally.

Happy flying, and welcome to GADC

1 Like