Hello from Maidstone with a Mavic Air 2

Hi all, Complete Newbie here. I am fairly into photography and have just purchased a Mavic Air 2 which currently awaiting delivery of. Looking forward to chatting and getting hints and tips from all you pro’s out there.

4 Likes

Welcome to the group and enjoy your stay :+1:

Welcome Dave to GADC, have fun asking questions, someone is bound to chirp in with an answer.
One of our Moderators will be along shortly to officially welcome you.

Hi DaveyVXT. Welcome to GADC. I have just joined too. The Mavic is a great drone. I look forward to meeting you as I am in Maidstone, too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, I only ordered my mavic yesterday and now it’s the painful wait for it to be delivered.

Where did you order from ?.

I ordered from Curry’s eBay store as I found it with 5% off plus I had a £5 eBay voucher. Not expecting delivery until late next week or early following week.

1 Like

Ah, OK, fair enough, was just going to point out that Argos has stock, for Click N Collect.

I got my mini on same deal at curry’s eBay, came within 2 days so watch the tracking

1 Like

Yeah I was going to do that but decided it was better to save myself £50 lol

I haven’t received a tracking number yet, just a confirmation email that they are processing my order.

1 Like

Hello and welcome, its a great group andlots of good advise too

Welcome from sunny Westgate On Sea (the posher end of Margate)

I know the Maidstone area reasonably well, as I grew up near there. Lots of potential flying sites ( rules dependent)
A useful tip, if you haven’t already done so, among all the other apps out there for drones, it’s worth downloading something like Freedar. It will show most aircraft, both civil and military, and could give you an early heads up if something is trying to sneak low level over the bump at Linton crossroads or similar into or out of Headcorn. Those damn microlights !

Just my humble opinion

“Runs around like an over excited 5 year old on Christmas Day” It’s here, it’s here, IT’S HERE!!!

Thanks for the welcome people :pray:t3:

Welcome Davey.