Hello from near Cambridge

I started with a lovely Spark for two years and then sold it to upgrade to a Platinum Combo which I love.
Still fiddling with settings and learning all the shortcuts but love it. As we all know weather not been brilliant but still get out once or twice a week for a battery or so. So many good places to fly from around here but most are wide open spaces rather than historic building or such like.

4 Likes

Welcome to Grey Arrows Charlie. I’m a new member myself, and a newbie to drones. I’m sure these guys will help you in any way they can if you have any probs. I find it great just to go through the forums and read what some of the guys get up to and how they solve problems for other flyers. Anyways enjoy Grey Arrows, I do. Welcome fella.
Baz

1 Like

Hi Charles / @PlatinumCharlie, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a few of our members also own the Mavic Pro Platinum … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi Charles welcome from Suffolk. I live under huge FRZ Lakenheath and Mildenhall so have to travel to fly! happy flying for you

What a bummer! I am close to Duxford but just outside the NFZ. The annoying thing is that in the summer the ‘leisure’ aircraft taking visitors on rides are often flying well under 400ft!

any good spots at the moment near to you?

1 Like

I only have good wide open spaces. No historic buildings. Three places I use are (using what3words)

///Slow.bulbs.venturing
///Faced.mainframe.havens
///visitor.helped.hardly

Have a look.

will do thanks