Hello from Plymouth (SW)

Just received a Mini 3 having not flown since some small fixed wings in my childhood.

Planning to fly for fun but keen to explore the potential for hobby costal photogrammetry having done some in the past (if I take the A2 CofC I also have a RTK chip I’d be interested in mounting at some point). But for now looking forward to learning and exploring.

I do some land survey work currently and so in the future might look into doing GVC or similar if the commercial opportunity is around.

Hi @Bobbysmile and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Welcome from a Plymouth based relative newbie too. If you meant coastal photogrammetry I’d be interested to know more as most of my flying is coastal based.

Hi @Bobbysmile - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Pete,

Yeah that is what I meant.

I’ll have a play and see how well it works with the base GPS and if it’s good and you’re keen to have a go happy to talk through it some, it takes quite a lot of computer power sometimes but you can get some really cool results from it.

Welcome @Bobbysmile

I’d be interested to hear how you get on.

1 Like

Welcome Ted to GADC :slight_smile: