Hello from Selby

Afternoon all

My name is Mark and I’m in a small village about 6 miles away from Selby (Kellington), am still learning to use my first drone, DJI Mavic Air 2 (fly more combo).

At the moment I’m mainly doing flights around the village, exploring Eggborough Powerstation (used in the Hobbs and Shaw movie as the Ukraine base), and tracking distance flights along the River Aire.

Am looking for new locations to try out,local lockdowns allowing

I’m on instagram as @mavicgoose

Cheers

Mark

4 Likes

Hello Mark.

I’m not far away from you in Camblesforth ;o)

Loads of places local to us, if you ever fancy a meet let me know, there are quite a few of us Yorks members meet on a regular basis (or did)

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows @conceptgoose :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Mark and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Hi Mark I’m just down the road from you in Barlby. I’m on Instagram Ukflyer1692. I also fly a paramotor. There’s a few of us around s the area, Neil is a nice guy and lives near Gilberdyke, Chris is at camblesforth and is a font of knowledge and a great bloke as well, calls a spade a spade and says it as he sees it. You will be on a steep learning curve, but you are in the worlds best drone club, and you only need to ask for friendly helpful advice.

2 Likes

Hi Brian, do you fly the paramotor over Kellington? Have seen one fly over a few times recently

Yes I do, I take off from Pontefract racecourse or York depending on Balloon flights and gee gees racing. I’m looking for a friendly farmer with a small field that I can use that’s a bit nearer my home but not having any luck so far.
There’s a nice church (can’t remember the name) at Kellington which would make a nice subject for photographs.

1 Like

Kellington Church appears in my video below, and an adjacent field is my usual launch site, as it’s slightly elavated to see all around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh and I’ve just changed my instagram handle to @conceptgoose to match the one here, consistency and all that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, welcome to the club.

1 Like

Hi and welcome. Love the mist in your video, so atmospheric :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Mark, welcome - give me a shout if you are flying York, I’m MA2 flyer too

1 Like

Nice video.

2 Likes