Hello from Southern California

Hi. I’m Doug, living in southern California. I’ll be visiting the UK in a couple of weeks and hope to get an opportunity to fly my Mini 3 Pro while there. I got my Operator and Flyer ID recently, so I think I’m legal (ha, ha). I’ve been looking at the Dronescene map (very useful) to see where I might have opportunities to fly. We’ll be in London and Oxford before heading to the Isle of Wight via Avebury. We’ll later be up north in the York/Harrogate area. Any suggestions for best places to fly would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Doug, welcome to the mad house, can you bring some southern California sunshine with you please?

Just returned from a two week tour of Nevada and Cali. First time I have had serious holiday blues. Had such a great time. Drone ops in the US were a cinch. Even in San Francisco where I flew up Lombard Street. You guys have such great drone apps.

I’ll try my best (ha, ha)

1 Like

Hi @DBHart and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly in the UK? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene (just a reminder, it only covers the UK) :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Hi @DBHart - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Or bring Southern California. Looks a really nice place in pics I saw from a friend years ago.

Welcome to the group.

2 Likes