Help a New Pilot Safely Get of the Ground - Edinburgh

Not a problem… it’s a very friendly group and I had plenty of help when I first started and still ask loads of questions

1 Like

Some help to update using assistant

My app tells me that I should calibrate the drone using DJI Assistant

I went on the website and downloaded DJI assistant 2 for Mavic however when I connected my drone up the software gives me an error that my drone is not supported.

Any ideas of the correct software I should be downloading its a bit mind boggling

I have a Mavic Pro

Scrap that I figured it out :slight_smile:
working on it now

Hi Chris,
I’m in Edinburgh west side in a built up area, so do not fly from my property. Even if your neighbours agree its a built up area so you need to be sensible.
However… there are loads of places nearby to fly if you take to time to look for open areas and choose a quiet time when not many dog walkers are about!
Another alternative is the shore. Its nearly always quiet and good for practice.
If you give your postcode I can suggest some places.
Cheers,
Mel

Hi Mel :slight_smile:

I’m west of the airport from you on the other side.

I have had only about 10 mins of fly time and like you said its trying to keep away from others and mostly dog walkers that’s my concerns.

maybe most places will be more quiet later in the day rather than early in the mornings or lunch times.

I think once I find some places to fly that I feel comfortable with then I can hone in on my flying skills without feeling anxious and trying to keep away from people out and about.

:slight_smile: