Hermitage Castle, Scottish Borders - hybrid video

The 3rd video from a day out to the Borders, a mix of drone footage and phone capture of the interior of the castle and me playing my Native American style Drone flute - something different…

CC always welcome…

4 Likes

Really goes well with the video , :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you… I started playing about 4 years ago after being introduced by a friend, they are really meditative, and got the Raven Drone Flute for Yule last year as a gift from hubby… Have used it a few times on video’s, this was the first time, pic is a bit jumpy as I had the frame rate set incorrectly…

3 Likes

Subscribed to your Chanel , I love the poetic melody of the flute , it reminds me of some of the movies I’ve watched where in a rain forest or somewhere far out and isolated , just awesome !

I can’t help but think of a couple of the Rambo films were he’s in the jungle , or going down the river on an old boat but so mellow ,

I’m probably not the best drone flyer :grinning: but I come from a family which I grew into music as it was all around me / sounds etc , my father played the drums and bongos ( have to love the bongos ) my mother played the electric organ , we also had a guitar ( electric ) which we all had a go :person_facepalming:t2: then my brother and myself got into dj-ing so anything to do with music or melody’s and distinctive elements is literally music to my ears !
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the response and the subscription, much appreciated… Love my drone flute and my other fluts, started to make our own flutes this summer, have made 6 working flutes and some awesome firewood too :wink:

1 Like

Hehe, I started making my own yidaki a few years ago, I gave up when I found I was making more kindling and firewood than yidaki :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Lol, I have a few ‘flutes’ stached in a cupboard for reworking… But have to say I am happy with how the ones we have completed sound…

Didgeridoo ? :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah didgeridoo, didjeriduh or any one of the hundred spellings. Yidaki or mago are the native words depending on the style of the instrument and the way they are played.

1 Like

I had a bad encounter with one of them about 20 years ago with a girl I used to see :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Didgeriduh is a name us white boys came up with and has become a generic term for them. I try to use yidaki as both of my instruments were made in Australia by traditional methods, one was even made by Gapanbulu Yunupingu and has been played in front of Her Majesty. Cost me a pretty penny but sounds awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

Mmhhh, most girls I have met are quite intrigued. Especially when they find out I can circular breathe and never need to come up for air :wink:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s where she brought hers back from , just to set the record straight so no one thinks it was put anywhere it shouldn’t have been :smile:

Cow beat me out the house with it because I told her I don’t want anything serious , which I did tell her from the start !

Lunatic :rofl:

Sorry for derailing your thread Suzanne :flushed:
:rofl:

Tut tut :smile:

No worries, enjoyed the bants…

I hope the surgery went well🤣

Magical. The sound is so pure.

1 Like

Thanks, it is an amazing instrument to play…