Hi all, FPV pilot from Wiltshire šŸ‘‹

Hell yeah! They look like the same motors as me, 2507 V2ā€™s? Canā€™t see a GPS on there though??

If (when?) I do ever take that plunge, I think Iā€™ll probably have more fun building the shit than I would flying it? :thinking: :man_shrugging:

Yeah v2 1500kv 2507 6s. bn180 on the back end. Bf all the way

I have used mine twice in the last year or so, it mainly sits in my FPV bag and just comes along for the journey.

@Steviegeek will help. He is bloody clever. WHEN you do. Donā€™t waste any time.

2 Likes

As long as you have basic knowledge of soldering youā€™ll have a blast, I know alot of people hate soldering and prefer to buy a BNF!

2 Likes

They are a decent motor, decent low end torque and they have a heck of a punch out on 6S, scarily fast :sweat_smile: yeah but is the way to go, although make sure you have your failsafe setup correctly for GPS Rescue! It took me a good few sessions to iron out the settings to work perfectly. Has saved my ass a number of time when failsafing only inches away from the ground!

1 Like

Fear not, Iā€™m a whiz with an iron, been soldering since I was a kid :blush:

To the point now where I can turn this crazy small SMD stuff:

In to something that actually works (Raspberry Pi related project):

I think thatā€™s what scares me most with FPVā€¦ once you startā€¦ man, where does it end?!

I also think thatā€™s why Iā€™d enjoy building FPV more than I would actually flying it :blush:

3 Likes

Damn, thats some impressive soldering skills. You would make some tidy looking build for sure. There is definitely a market for a UK company to make BNF quads, so it would be a no brained if you enjoyed building more than flying!

2 Likes

Whats your thoughts on the props for a 7"? on 6s 4000mah. Donā€™t want to smash a prop on a punch. Full weight about 1.2kg. 650g without lipo

Man after my own heart :smiley: :laughing:

2 Likes

Donā€™t even go thereā€¦ my wallet has spontaneously combusted since discovering FPV! Cheers Karl! :man_facepalming:t2: :rofl:

Oh and @PingSpike it doesnā€™t end! It never ends! Once it grips you it just doesnā€™t let go!

Iā€™m about to start my first build once banggood post pull their finger out and deliver my motors lol

3 Likes

I think alot of people run bi props on LR quads, I like to have more agility for when having some fun though so I run tri blades.

For longer flights and slightly better efficiency I run 7x3.5x3
HQProp Durable Prop 7X3.5X3V1S 7 Inch Tri-Blade Propeller - Black

For more speed and better punch outs I run 7x4x3

I have been testing out the floppy props recently though, they are fairly decent for casual flying, less bottom end and they feel slightly loose in corners, bit still a good choice.

Itā€™s a never ending hole, once you go down it!

1 Like