Hi from Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Thanks for having me. I’ve been familiarizing my self around the site for a bit, and enjoying it.
I joined to get some location ideas because I will be cruising to Southampton and taking a road trip up to Cambridge, over to Bristol, down to Bournemouth and back to Southampton 01-06 April. I have my UK course completed and can’t wait to fly the UK. I’ll see you around the site.

Here’s something you won’t see in the UK, while flying at my home:

6 Likes

Hi @DroneGuyJB from the north west of England :wave:t2:

I hope you’re ready for our weather mate :rofl:

For places to fly, look no further than Drone Scene:

You can login to Drone Scene using your Grey Arrows login.

Our regulations are a mess at the moment too, so be sure to check your flight here first:

2 Likes

Hi & welcome too GADC :+1:t2:

Hi John welcome

Hello and welcome John, enjoy your trip!

Welcome John to GADC :clap: :clap:

Currently in Apopka, where there are plenty of alligators.

Unfortunately Fort Lauderdale is full of airports :joy:

I am making good use of Air Control and Opensky at the moment.

Normally from the south west of the UK.

Hi John - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi John and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi John, welcome to the madhouse!

If you’re only driving the south of the country, you’ll miss ALL of the interesting parts!

Welcome John and you got some great plans lined up. Definitely use dronescene for reference and any restrictions that may apply

Check the bylaws for Bristol. They actually have some and flying in most of the parks is a no no.

Thank you, I’ll be checking out the local laws then. :+1:

1 Like

@DroneGuyJB you can do that via the Drone Scene site linked above.

Shout when you’re on this side of the water too, there might be a few people here you could meet up with at some of the locations :slight_smile:

@DroneGuyJB welcome

Drone Scene is not accurate for the parks in Bristol. Most are categorised as yellow i.e. ‘may be a potential hazard so be careful.’ However, Bristol has specific bylaws prohibiting drone flights in all parks except specific places.

@Photobird Drone Scene is accurate.

If you’re seeing yellow it sounds like you’re looking at the Ground Hazards layer instead of the purple Local Authority layer that links to the byelaws :blush:

When you click on that, it links you to the byelaw information:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/719772/response/1727633/attach/html/3/Response%2013453597%20Feb%2021.doc.html

1 Like

I’ve got all overlays ticked on the layers button. I’m obviously missing something.

You are, yes :slight_smile:

Details here.

1 Like

Hello, welcome to GADC :smiley: :smiley: