Hi from Halton

New to drones, but the missus has already accused me of droning on. Think this hobby is a big mistake for me! Had my mavic air 2 for two weeks, just ordered my mini 2, keep on trawling for news on the mavic Pro 3 and now suddenly interested in the inspire 2. Why did I discover drones. Please help. Oh and new to forums so apologise for any newbie mistakes

2 Likes

Hi Doug and welcome. :ok_hand::+1: It’s definitely an obsession as opposed to a hobby :joy:

Thanks Manshed. Well I’ve used my birthday present excuse for my last drone will have to wait for Christmas excuse for next one

I wish my wife was as understanding :sweat_smile: iv got an inspire I wouldn’t dream of asking for her for another one. She just thinks it’s a toy that I play with… One day I will make money with it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Shhh :shushing_face: that’s my excuse one day I will make money :laughing: :laughing: Just did my a2 coc and am going to do the GVC once someone does the flight assessment somewhere near lancaster. Love the look of the inspire, but if I bought that one first the wife would of made sure it was my last :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the club.

I wanted to do the A2 myself, but not sure how much it would cost in total. I have seen prices ranging from £150 to £250 and I’m not sure if they include the actual test.

Its deffo a race to the bottom here, I saw sub ÂŁ100 courses last week.

1 Like

I paid ÂŁ150 with av8 group and that included the test.

If you register with uav hub and look at the course they will send you an offer for the course for only ÂŁ99.

A2 will come into its own when the release the ce drones.

1 Like

I’m of the view it will become an online competency test with a self assessment flight.

1 Like

To be honest i think that’s reasonable. I was surprised that I didn’t need to do a flight assessment to get the A2

2 Likes

Hi Doug welcome to the forum. I’m just down the bypass in Morecambe. Crook of lune is a great place to get some great shots.
Your right about it being addictive, I’ve got the Mavic 2 pro and zoom, a typhoon h, a cheerson cx20, a self build tarot 680 pro, a tello plus half a dozen toy drones.
I currently hold a PfCO so if you need some guidance just give me a shout.

Oh, once you get used to the drones and editing videos you’ll be upgrading your computer, more expense. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hi Stevesb, i was at the Crook o lune last Friday getting some nice 360 photos. Was wanting to get some 360s when the lune burst its banks, but I’m thinking there will be lots of opportunities for that over the winter :rofl:
Who did you do your PfCO with? Was it a local flight assessment?

1 Like

Hi did my pfco with uav academy, the flight test was in Leicestershire, which I was lucky with as my family live down there. Another of the online course providers have assesors dotted around the country so if you are thinking of doing you gvc then its worth checking round to see who may have one up this way.

Have you done a video on YouTube documenting it. I think I watched it which convinced me to do my A2 Coc

I did a short video but not a full documentary so to speak.

StevesB how do you determine where we can fly? Lancaster City Council and Lancashire county council have no drone policies that I can find

It looks like they don’t have a drone policy so I just fly in accordance to the drone code, my pfco and common courtesy.

1 Like

This on its own goes a long way :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Gents
I’m generally a nice courteous person (until you p*** me o**) :rofl:

1 Like