Hi from Oldham

Hello to all. I have just purchased my new mini drone. My primary intention is to learn to fly it sufficiently well in order that I may help dog owners search for their lost pets in the north west region . This is in response to the assist a friend of mine received when she lost her dog

2 Likes

Hi from sunny Wigan :wave:t2:

1 Like

Oldham was sunny once…in 1984

1 Like

Can you prove it?

Welcome Jim :slight_smile:

Greetimgs from semi-tropical Hayling Island (4 miles East of and 40 years behind Portsmouth)

I play a small part in a local search and rescue that has grown rapidly over the past few months. We search for people as well as pets. If you need any advice fell free to message me :slight_smile:

Welcome Jim :+1: I too use my drone for search and rescue of lost dogs. I’m linked to a local group in Wales and the Mini/Mini 2 is so useful to get “legally” closer to buildings etc for search purposes - I think you’ll find it a good buy :+1:

Good luck with future searches - nothing better than returning a dog to its rightful owner :+1:

Living in Wales we don’t talk about sunshine - least said the better :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not sure records go back that far :confused:

Thanks so much for that generous offer. I will certainly be taking you up on that. The organisation I am proposing to volunteer to be a pilot for is Drone SARS.
Regards
Jim

Thanks for your post. I was really impressed so much with the rescue people and clubs that turned out it certainly has inspired me to help whenever I can. As to weather I am afraid I have to agree with assessment of Welsh weather. It makes Oldham look almost tropical🤔
Regards
Jim

2 Likes