Hi from Portsmouth, Hampshire

Hi everyone :wave:
I’m from Portsmouth and I fly a mavic pro platinum. I’ve owned it for about 4 months now so still learning every flight and getting better each time.

I was invited here from mavicpilots by pingspike and I look forward to be a part of this UK based forum and appreciate all the future help and guidance from you guys. :grin:

4 Likes

Hi Lewis,and a warm welcome to GADC,we are a good bunch of of misfits on here,and we dont bite!!:rofl::rofl::wink: Any questions,and i am sure someone will soon be along to help :wink::wink: So pull up a chair,and make yourself at home ,on THE most friendly drone forum in the UK…:+1::+1: Portsmouth,you say,well very close to few on here,myself included,so anytime you want a flight or two,just give me shout…:+1::+1:

Hi ?Lewis / @lewiswaite23, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the MP/MPP … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Tell that to the snickers I just ate.

Hi Lewis. Welcome, enjoy the banter and feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

You’ll have to get used to calling them Marathon Bars again … they’re changing the name back. :wink:

Why coz of Brexit. Happy days, at least twix didn’t become raider.:joy:

1 Like

No idea why. :man_shrugging:

only for a short while…:laughing::laughing:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And @FIREFOX that sounds good to me would be nice to fly with another enthusiast :grin:

1 Like

I’m from Hayling. But the end furthest away from the sinful city :slight_smile: Where do you fly?

Some great places to fly,on Hayling Island,just found a very nice place,near the kench,flew there last week! Also took the opportunity to fly over the water,and onto Eastney,great view of the old forts…:+1::+1:

1 Like

Was there a few weeks ago! I fly around farlington marshes into Longstone harbour, around the old mulbury harbour and around the old billy line in Langston harbour as well.
Always on the lookout for new spots though.

3 Likes

And here is one i did,a bit closer to that brick chimney

1 Like

Nice picture, I didn’t get to close as I wasn’t sure on the rules around flying in or over this fort.

1 Like

Was not entirely sure myself,but seemed pretty deserted,took a few photos,then buzzed off pretty quick,had i seen lots of people i would have turned about tail and gone somewhere else…:+1::+1:

This particular Marathon was finished well under 2hrs

3 Likes

manage mine in about 30 secs…:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You must have swallowed it whole. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That would be 1 second.

2 Likes

Theres nothing that stops me,once i get my teeth into a snickers/marathon…poundland is a good place lol