Hi from Salisbury

HI my name is Merlin 2459 from Salisbury, I am new to the drone community looking forward to the journey

3 Likes

Welcome Norman to GADC :slight_smile:

Once we are out of lockdown I hope you enjoy flying.

yes looking forward to it ground hover in the garden at the moment lol

1 Like

Welcome to the group from a fellow Salisbury drone owner :sunglasses::+1:

Hello there would you happen to know any land owners I could approach to practice in their field so I could past my practical test any info would be appreciated

Could you not just park up somewhere suitable and practice over a field?

hi mate we are in a NATS area only some parts of Salisbury are not under this umbrella

if you load the NATS app on your phone, when you turn the app on if you are in the red area it is illegal to even lift it off the ground

Or our very own DroneScene, for much nicer experience

1 Like

thanks very much for your help have not put mine up yet looking for a safe place out of the way to start with ,to get a bit of practice

Golf course looks perfect , out of the FRZ and currently closed

thank you very much for that ,I just wanted to find a legal spot there has been so much bad publicity about careless drone flying i did not want to make problems for anyone else

Just read your bio, get out on the bike, chuck the drone and a flask in a backpack and get out, looking maps for Salisbury, looks to be loads of open space

i did think about that being a newbe i throught i would check with like mineded people not to cause bad press you know what i mean

1 Like

Salisbury is pretty bad for flying a drone, although someone has been flying one over Salisbury during lockdown & posting images on a social media app, not helpful for those of us who follow the rules, so understand your concerns.
Any area south of the Cathedral looks to be safely outside the zones that cover most of Salisbury.
I have always thought of using the land behind churchfields ind est by the river over looking the cathedral.
Hope you find somewhere to practice.
Richard

many thanks for this info very helpful cannot wait to start, but not until restrictions are over thank you

2 Likes