Hi from Sarf Wales

I agree, I am lucky that I am retired, so my time is whatever I make it!.
Having dropped “her indoors”, and my Son, off to work, the day after 8 am, is whatever takes my fancy!.
If it’s fine, flyable weather, I’m off! (somewhere).
I do not need much enticement to get off my ass to fly.

2 Likes

I was referring to the dark times of the day, but, even that should not stop you.
(Look up Flytron Strobes, for night flying, GADC Discount available!)

1 Like

Welcome stubbyd - I’ve only just recently joined GDAC myself. As it happens I also had a P3SE - cracking piece of kit (as you probably know, basically P3 with 4K / VPS / longer range / better tablet-clamp). Sorry to hear you lost yours, I managed to sell mine on a ‘well known auction site’ :smile: thereafter swapped/upgraded to a MavicAir like yourself. Some more spare batts and I can say it easily does everything the P3SE did (maybe smidgin shorter flight-time - 4mins (official spec) if that). The value of an understanding wife is not to be underestimated :kissing_heart: Likewise good luck with the TSD (this is getting creepy :wink:) - years ago in my miss-spent youth I trained/then taught KungFu while at 'Poly (and after) - good times.

1 Like

Thanks @SoarAway567 nothing creepy in your response unless you have something to confess? :wink:

I did enjoy my P3SE and was gutted I’d lost it but at the same time a valuable lesson. Battery life on the Air is shorter but so far I haven’t really missed it.

Odd thing about the loss, I spent 3hrs immediately trying to track it down and could even hear the beep as the battery was dying but couldn’t see or reach it. Then I returned the following weekend with the family and despite coming dressed for undergrowth hacking and having tools to do so still couldn’t find it. Used the app to narrow down location but could only presume it had fallen in the water. Then after the long hot summer when most of the undergrowth had died off and leaves disappeared I returned again.

Despite standing under the spot where it was supposed to have last been (a very tall tree) I couldn’t see it and can only presume it either a. fell into the water and is never to be seen again (unless 1976 strikes again) or somebody else had come across it and “acquired” it.

2 Likes

Sadly I’m not yet eligible to see the discounts page … but thanks for the tip.

And as I just found out, also restricted on the replies I can make. Had to wait to make this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, it will come after you have posted a few times, etc, etc, and have attained full members status.
Basic Members can get to Full Member status / Trust Level 2 by…
•Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
•Casting at least 1 like
•Receiving at least 1 like
•Replying to at least 3 different topics
•Entering at least 20 topics
•Reading at least 100 posts
•Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Full Members at Trust Level 2 can…
•Have full access to all of the hidden Member-Only categories
•Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
•Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
•Daily like limit increased by 1.5×

1 Like

Hello and welcome @stubbyd, also from South Wales.

Good choice of drone the MA.

Somewhere nearby you may not have thought about is above Pencoed.

1 Like

Nothing creepy StubbyD - just noticed that we seemed to have somethings in common - P3SE / MA / martial arts :slight_smile: I managed to drop a couple of drones (Hubsan 501S and the current MA). Although I had co-ordinates for both via controller/tablet respectively, both pretty useless at pinpointing location, so I bashed them into my handheld Garmin eTrex and after some brief tramping around managed to find both (luckily undamaged as they both came down in the heather which surrounds us in t’stix) - though I assume any GPS-enabled phone with a suitable co-ordinates app would do the same job (several of the ones I tried are either advert-packed or else insist on being online (eh?!))

1 Like

Thanks @MementoMori and i have thought of that windfarm just not got there yet. I tend to carry >6kg of camera gear with me so plan to do that trip with just my Air :slight_smile:

And nice set of shots.

@SoarAway567 i didnt think about using my standalone GPS but pretty damn sure that wouldnt have made any diff.

Its done now and thankfulky I got it cheap.

You can drive over the top so it’s not so far to get near them :wink:

And thank you.

1 Like

Welcome Stuart to the madhouse looks like your settled in
See we don’t bite well we don’t leave a mark…

1 Like

Madhouse? Normal day for me then and getting worse as just fetched my daughter from Uni so my peace and quiet has now gone.

Sounds like the house will turn into a “Chinese Laundry” for the next week then Stuart?
Been there ,bought the Tee shirt !

That’s true enough - though she’s been brung up proper** and she’s already doing her first batch hesrself.

** Though I do question that as she tells me she’s avoided washing clothes for 3 weeks knowing she can do them at home (for free) and good job as she’s on her last pair of knickers. My darling girl is so delciate … NOT.

I know exactly the feeling !.
Mine is on a Cruise ship at the moment (until September), and we have ALL her clothes here packed away in cases, stowed anywhere we can fit them !, All so she can rent out her flat to her “Showbusy” mates for 8 months!.
Good ole Mum & Dad !.
Must not complain, We are getting a free 2 week cruise in the Med next month out of it !.
Well, I say free, gonna cost me $10 a day.

1 Like

Bang goes the savings and use of the bathroom then :wink: