Hi from Sarf Wales

Hi all,

Keen amateur photog of landscapes that was looking for a different insight to my photography so picked up a 2nd hand Phantom 3 SE… Got bitten by the bug almost immediately and after a month or so of flying I was out one day with zero wind when a nasty gust threw my drone into a very tall set of tress the other side of a waste water pond… despite much looking over several days and returning after leaves had disappeared I never saw it again.

I was so despondent my wife let my buy a brand new Mavic Air and have been flying this for the past year now.

What else do you need to know? I’m from Wales, so a mad rugby fan and despite my ageing bones I took up a martial art (Tang Soo Do) at 47 and earned my black belt two years back. Always looking for places to fly and always put off by the British weather…! But tonight - I plan to be out and about with it.

5 Likes

Hi Stuart / @stubbyd , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air, so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Thank you @OzoneVibe :wave: - funnily enough it was the map of locations that got me here as I was looking for somewhere for Sunday morning and I just typed ‘somwhere to fly my drone near…’ into Google and GADC was one of the top results.

Have to say, already preferring this than the few communities / pages I’m a member of on FB. :+1:

2 Likes

I think the majority of people here would agree about the FB alterntives … and a trans-Atlantic forum. :wink:

1 Like

Hi and welcome, hope you enjoy your flying

1 Like

Thanks dude & I love my flying @jimvfrmoto750 - haven’t yet had any negative conversations when using it but keep expecting to get some at some point…

I hope you don’t, on the whole must people are just interested in what you are doing?

After ‘GatwickGate’ I keep expecting it, but as you say most folks just want to see what you’re doing and love the differing viewpoint.

1 Like

Welcome to the best UK site around.

Good set of peeps on here and lots of tip’s :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Raider certainly seems to be a nicer place than a few I’ve visited and tried to get involved with.

1 Like

I could most likely tell you which one USA by any chance?? :thinking:

1 Like

:wink::+1:

1 Like

TBH, I’m not sure where it’s based but between FB and the main DJI forum I’m happier to be here!

3 Likes

@stubbyd welcome to Grey Arrows mate :+1:t2:

Cracking choice of drone mate!

1 Like

Thanks @PingSpike I’m going to guess you also have an Air.

1 Like

Welcome Stuart to our “little Uk based land of home”
Great choice of drone !, one of the many in my collection.
Great place to pull up a chair, pour a vino (or beer) and while away a few minutes surfing through our posts.
Get involved in the banter and meet ups, great fun to be had with loads of like minded Guys.
Once again a big welcome from one of the old farts !

2 Likes

I don’t mate, no…

But if I didn’t have a drone, it would be my bird of choice now :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks @chrisjohnbaker the only trouble with the beer / vino scenario is that I then can’t go out and fly :slight_smile:

Banter no problems with getting involved there but meetups could be tricky with all I do already but if there’s one local then sure… as to old farts, yup, my kids like to remind me that I am not as fast (or fit) as once I was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! I Al also fairly new to this site but its a very good friendly site.

Im sure you will enjoy being here

1 Like

Thanks @Stevie - certainly enjoying it far more than elsewheres!!!

2 Likes